Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

unable to copy clipboard from ubuntu to windows

Bimal Ramesan
I upgraded to synergy 1.7.3 today morning and since then I am unable to copy any clipboard from my ubuntu to windows. Server - Windows 8.1 Client - ubuntu 15.10 NOTE: copying from windows to ubuntu is working fine.
Bimal Ramesan
Synergy logs on windows says: [quote]INFO: switch from "XXXX-W7-227792" to "L-227792-P15" at 3834,1038 INFO: entering screen DEBUG: open clipboard DEBUG: empty clipboard DEBUG: close clipboard DEBUG: open clipboard DEBUG: empty clipboard DEBUG: close clipboard DEBUG: start receiving clipboard data DEBUG: received client "XXXX-W7-227792" clipboard 0 seqnum=17, size=4 DEBUG: ignored screen "XXXX-W7-227792" update of clipboard 0 (unchanged) DEBUG: start receiving clipboard data DEBUG: received client "XXXX-W7-227792" clipboard 1 seqnum=17, size=4 DEBUG: ignored screen "XXXX-W7-227792" update of clipboard 1 (unchanged) [/quote] I am confused why the update of clipboard XXXX-W7-227792 is ignored !!! This happens only when I copy from "XXXX-W7-227792"(Ubuntu) to "L-227792-P15"(Windows). This is a sort of blocker issue. Doesn't serve its purpose.
Bimal Ramesan
Reverted to an old version and it started working!! I regret for purchasing Synergy. No response from anyone!!!
Jeff Triplett
I have the same issue with 1.7.3 between Macs. I run Synergey on my laptop and I go between a Mac Mini at work and an iMac at home. The work-around is to randomly try copying a dozen to two dozen times and sometimes it takes and sometimes it does not. I didn't have this issue with 1.7.2 so I'm going to revert back and hope that 1.7.4 fixes it.
Ben Koenig
I am sorry for not getting to you. The copy and paste system has been updated. A recent build is located [url]http://synergy-project.org/nightly?filter=1.7.4[/url] and has several updates for these frustrating issues. Please post in a relevant area of the Forum for best results. Searching for related topics will get a response faster. [b]Connectivity[/b] is a great place for this particular topic.
Bimal Ramesan
@Ben Koenig I tried 1.7.4 as well, but no luck. Now using 1.6.2, everything working and I am happy enough.