Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

CTRL+ALT+DELETE to a remote machine?

Since upgrading to Synergy 2, I'm unable to send CTRL+ALT+DELETE to a remote server.  I'm used to Synergy 1, where I could use CTRL+ALT+PAUSE, but that doesn't seem to be working -- nothing happens.

20 minutes ago, EqUaTe said:

Not something I've generally needed to do much myself, but try ctrl-alt-ins?

I can place my mouse cursor on the sign in screen of the remote server, but I can't get it to prompt me for my username and password.  Synergy 1 was working fine; Synergy 2 won't let me send CTRL+ALT+DELETE in order to get the machine to offer a login prompt.

How do you login without CTRL+ALT+DELETE?

I don't have any domain-joined machines that I need to log on to, in fact generally I don't use Windows, so i can't say for sure with this, but as I said - has anyone tried Ctrl-Alt-Ins?

@Nick Bolton - do you have any suggestions on this one if that doesn't work?

aristizabal95

I just realized that I've never been able to do ctl+alt+del on my windows client because I don't have neither the Pause o Ins keys on my keyboard. I'm using a mac keyboard since that's my main computer, and it bugs me that I'm unable to use most of the functionality already implemented on synergy because of this (e.g. can't lock mouse to device since macs don't have a scroll lock functionality). I know I may be a minority, but this kind of things should be taken into account by the synergy team. I'm sure most of this will be fixed when we are able to configurate synergy, but that's a no go for now.

Justin Kroll

I submit a support ticket for this and was told it is planned for 2.1, expected in "early 2018". Apparently there is no way to unlock a remote Windows computer in v2.0.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Justin Kroll said:

I submit a support ticket for this and was told it is planned for 2.1, expected in "early 2018". Apparently there is no way to unlock a remote Windows computer in v2.0.

I found a temporary work around.  Click the Ease of Access button (in Windows 7) and enable the virtual keyboard.  Then click Alt+Ctrl+Del.  Then you can type in your password with your normal keyboard and login.  I would assume there is some way to enable the virtual keyboard in Windows 8.1 and 10 from the lock screen too.

This is not ideal but will do until they implement the feature in 2.1.

Chillaxedviktor
10 hours ago, compmas2 said:

I found a temporary work around.  Click the Ease of Access button (in Windows 7) and enable the virtual keyboard.  Then click Alt+Ctrl+Del.  Then you can type in your password with your normal keyboard and login.  I would assume there is some way to enable the virtual keyboard in Windows 8.1 and 10 from the lock screen too.

This is not ideal but will do until they implement the feature in 2.1.

Hi I have tried this also but sadly it doesn't work. 

The inability to login to a remote server seems like an egregious omission from a release. A release in this state (considering all the other problems) tells me that Symless didn't expect Synergy 2.0 to be usable, but released it anyway.

• Like 1

I'm having the exact same issue, except I have 3 remote PCs in addition to my primary it's a pain.  The Ctrl+Alt+Pause worked in Synergy1, but not Synergy2.0.3.  I got the following response from contacting support (even thou they asked me to contact them with feedback on a previous issue they helped resolve).  Sounds like their support team has a full plate and is understaffed, but this is more a development issue, rather than a support issue.  

Hi ,

I'm really sorry, but we’re currently unable to offer one to one support. We’re working hard to recruit a full time support engineer, until then you can troubleshoot your issue on our user community forums (https://symless.com/forums/). This is a place where users can help each other with self-support.

Common issues with Synergy 2 can be resolved by restarting the services (https://symless.com/forums/topic/4501-synergy-2-manually-restarting-services/) or reinstalling Synergy 2 (https://symless.com/forums/topic/4519-synergy-2-how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall/)

If you’re still having issues with Synergy and you’d like a refund, please let us know.

Thanks,
Malcolm

• Like 1

Their support staff is overwhelmed because the 2.0 release is a disaster. Anyone trying to use it is having problems because of the very fundamental flaws it has, and is getting in touch with support. They probably have enough people for steady-state support, but the impulse of a bad release is overwhelming.

I've rolled back to Synergy 1.8. It has plenty of problems, and I had hoped that the 2.0 release would've helped with them. The 2.0 release is fundamentally unusable.

Edited by mikeblas
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 4:44 PM, Tyler H said:

I'm having the exact same issue, except I have 3 remote PCs in addition to my primary it's a pain.  The Ctrl+Alt+Pause worked in Synergy1, but not Synergy2.0.3.  I got the following response from contacting support (even thou they asked me to contact them with feedback on a previous issue they helped resolve).  Sounds like their support team has a full plate and is understaffed, but this is more a development issue, rather than a support issue.  

Hi ,

I'm really sorry, but we’re currently unable to offer one to one support. We’re working hard to recruit a full time support engineer, until then you can troubleshoot your issue on our user community forums (https://symless.com/forums/). This is a place where users can help each other with self-support.

Common issues with Synergy 2 can be resolved by restarting the services (https://symless.com/forums/topic/4501-synergy-2-manually-restarting-services/) or reinstalling Synergy 2 (https://symless.com/forums/topic/4519-synergy-2-how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall/)

If you’re still having issues with Synergy and you’d like a refund, please let us know.

Thanks,
Malcolm

This made me laugh... I got the EXACT email from Malcolm on 12/15 in response to a completely different issue.

Apparently Copy / Paste works just fine in Support

I'm baffled that this is an issue still.  It seems downright core to the product to be able to unlock a client machine.  How can this be a regression bug or an oversight?  

DannyJeronimo

I just upgraded to 2.0.4, that didn't fix the issue.  I'm following in mikeblas footsteps and rolling back to 1.8.  At least that worked.

Edited by DannyJeronimo
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...