Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Couldn't connect to Synergy Cloud

I've been a paid user of Synergy for years and years, and was happy to contribute to the new version.  When I installed Syn2 it worked OK, after a few pokes and prods with the grey boxes, etc. and I thought great!  This will be easy.  

Three days or so later, I come back to work, and none of my agents can connect to the cloud.  "Couldn't connect to Synergy Cloud.  Please check your Internet connection and then try again."

My internet connections are working fine, as can be seen by this post, which is occurring from one of the three boxes that cannot connect right now.  All of my other cloud-based products and addons are working fine.

Please build in some kind of troubleshooting for this problem.  I don't know if the agent is having a problem with our proxy, or if the problem lies on the Symless end, up on their cloud servers.  Please also remove the need to constantly reconnect to the cloud to get the agents working.  If I'm having an internet issue, I should still be able to use Syn2 by just putting in the IPs as in the good ol' days of Sym1.

If this isn't fixed next week, I'll be rejecting the charge on my credit card, because I'm not paying for a product that doesn't work, and cannot be troubleshot.broken_syn.thumb.png.cb3651b5e09704ff79fe02bac78f0cd5.png

Quite the complicated pile of garbage, getting from my knee to my elbow is too many hops.  I completely revised the connection on the machine and ripped out the VPN, but there's no apparent way to tell it to try again, it just keeps creating loops and saying it can't get there.  127.0.0.1 is a loop, who knew?  It seems happy to sit there with just itself configured while the other machines show it but can't communicate.

Works fine otherwise, RDP, SMB... just not this insanity of relying on a cloud server to connect two machines I can touch without stretching.

I understand alpha testing, but this is what was released?  Should be a disclaimer, no VPN, proxies, or support of anything but direct internet connections for every machine.

I got a same...

I'm using proxy server of my office.

The proxy blocks some cloud site such as google drive for security.

I'm not sure but it can be a cause of my case.

anyway, please left some solutions on this post.

Symless team,
I know Symless is a small operation, and I greatly appreciate the software they've created.  Having said that, it's clear they were vastly unprepared for this update.  -Multiple people are having the same problem, and their support page has crashed, or simply been taken offline.  I can't really accept that state, given I ponied up full price for the software.

I've just sent a request via the support email a refund on my 2.0 purchase, and will re-purchase it if and when they get it working behind corporate proxies.  (A way to set up a proxy server, and also to ensure corp intermediary certificates are accepted is all that would be required.)  

Fortunately, I've re-installed my paid version of 1.8.8, and everything is working again at my desk.  

I hope you guys figure this out soon, once you do I'm happy to purchase if and when you get 2.0 functional.

Thanks,
Bill

Symless support was quick to get back to me w/refund information. 

Thanks!  

As I mentioned, I will happily purchase 2.x again if and when you get it working behind proxies.  (Why not make a manual configuration page much like 1.x?)

Ah seems we found the cause then. My issue was also on my corporate laptop, which has a pretty strict proxy on it, while it was actually working fine on my home pc.

Edited by Samal84
  • 3 weeks later...

Facing the same problem with all of my office PCs (Windows 10, Mac and Ubuntu). And their support page is still offline.

"The page you have visited is temporarily unavailable." How long is this temporary stage?  >:(

• 1 month later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 24/11/2017 at 6:38 PM, Sweendog said:

"Couldn't connect to Synergy Cloud.  Please check your Internet connection and then try again."

Sorry about that. This bug in the client connection code affects less than 1% of users but will be fixed soon. For now you can either wait, or take a refund and use Synergy 1.

• 3 months later...
Joey.Wang
On 2018/1/28 at 9:49 AM, Nick Bolton said:

Sorry about that. This bug in the client connection code affects less than 1% of users but will be fixed soon. For now you can either wait, or take a refund and use Synergy 1.

Still couldn't connect to synergy cloud, both Mac and Windows...

lostmarine

me too,synergy 2 could not connect to synergy cloud in ubuntu 16.04 and windows 10. I have try in my home and office.

• 3 years later...

Hi Nick

it has been 3 years from the previously someone opened the ticket on the same issue. I have tried to reinstall the synergy on the new PC, now giving me exactly same message and cant process from there. OS: windows10, synergy version 2.0.12-beta.

will you please support as this is killing my entire PC setup.