Get SynergyOpen a support ticket

wayland support

josegalvez

NorthWestUser

For those interested, I found this repo with a Synergy/Barrier client for Wayland https://github.com/r-c-f/waynergy

It is only a client and based on the open source uSynergy from Symless, and it took me a bit of work to map the keys, but I got it working on my Wayland guests with Synergy server running on macOS. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TrentC

• josegalvez

• Brian Hechinger

• Ninbura

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A message to the developers: I saw in your issues page where the lack complaints from licensed users (as opposed to Github users) makes this look like a low priority issue to you. As a licensed user,

not sure when wayland support is planned, but linux is moving pretty fast in that direction. Doesn't effect me at the moment, but I'm sure my next upgrade will see wayland on my computer either alone

Most likely the next major version next year. It's a very high priority for us, but we are of course way over that original estimate.

Posted Images

On 1/24/2022 at 1:41 AM, metamemelord said:

Not working on Fedora 34 on Wayland. Is there an official word/timeline when Synergy will support Wayland?

As it has been mentioned quite a few times, "in the next major version."

Not working on Fedora 34 on Wayland. Is there an official word/timeline when Synergy will support Wayland?

Maybe the "alpha" forum they are mentioning if it is already supporting Wayland, or not

Maybe the "alpha" forum they are mentioning if it is already supporting Wayland, or not

lemonjello1

FYI in addition to Fedora and RHEL, the upcoming Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is also now switching to Wayland.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
delmarc

I had to switch over to Wayland due to a displayport issue for my multi screen setup... X would have a low FPS in Xorg but under Wayland everything works as expected... Multiple year user of synergy and would like not to be forced to use other products... its always just worked... now just stuck... please find some solution here as its a product waiting to die otherwise...

• 2 months later...
Jake Harr

Just bumping this. I'm starting to look into upgrading to Ubuntu 22.04 and what that entails on the machine that runs my Synergy server.

I'm sure that Wayland support is a huge effort. Is there anywhere we can get updates on development?

TrentC

Good luck on any updates. They been working on version 3 since about 2018, and barely an Alpha version?

He should probably just put it all back in open source. Back then it seemed to make better progress in development time. Can't stay in business by taking 10 years to release a new version which is compatible with newer operating systems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
cknight725

😡  Pretty disgusting to see that users have actively been asking for Wayland support in a paid software package since 2015 and it still has yet to materialize in a release.  With 22.04 LTS going default wayland and joining the RPMs its ludicrous to expect users to fall back on xorg still.

• Like 1
TrentC

At this point, I don't think he actually has a team working on the product. I think he is on his own now, and working on it during his off hours of any employment he may have.