Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

wayland support

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TrentC

• ccoenen

• Rubin Starset

• UnixOutlaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not sure when wayland support is planned, but linux is moving pretty fast in that direction. Doesn't effect me at the moment, but I'm sure my next upgrade will see wayland on my computer either alone

A message to the developers: I saw in your issues page where the lack complaints from licensed users (as opposed to Github users) makes this look like a low priority issue to you. As a licensed user,

I look at comments like, "if you want Synergy, you need to switch to Xorg" to being equivalent to, "you must run the program in Windows XP compatibility mode". The new product has been out for ne

Posted Images

jaap aarts

they are thinking about doing this in 2.2, mid-2018.

that's what they told me 2/3 months ago. I wish I could upvote to make this happen faster. but the more people ask for it the faster it will be there.

• Like 1
josegalvez

I'm using Ubuntu, and waiting to upgrade until 18.04 next April. That will be Wayland by default as well, so I too hope they add this earlier than later. In my opinion Wayland support is much more important than being able to drag files accross computers or other items they've struggled with.

• 2 months later...

I use Windows, Mac, and Fedora so I would love if this gets done. I tried switching to x to get synergy 2 working but I have some other software that needs wayland so I currently can't use synergy 2 on my Fedora machine.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 22/11/2017 at 9:05 AM, jaap aarts said:

they are thinking about doing this in 2.2, mid-2018.

Still mid-2018, but it'll be 2.1 instead.

• Confused 1
  • 6 months later...
On 03/08/2018 at 7:59 PM, cbrower said:

I'm also interested in this. I'm currently not able to use Synergy on Fedora 28 because of it.

If you don't need Wayland, you can just switch to X.org from the login screen. Clicking the gear button will reveal a list of available sessions, one of which will be the same session you use but on Xorg instead of Wayland. Selecting it will make it the default for subsequent boots.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah Im on Fedora on all my desktops, laptops etc and Wayland is the default now for a few years. Can we PLEASE get support for what is now a defacto standard in the community!

Brian Hechinger

I just switched from Xorg to Wayland on my Ubuntu 18.04 machine due to issues with Xorg (it crashes randomly ever since I switched to an AMD video card).

Synergy 1.10.1 works.

Kinda. I can type in the remote machine but Wayland appears to eat the Alt-Tab and gives it to GNOME even though the pointer is on the other machine.

Don't know the status of 2.x though.

Brian Hechinger
1 hour ago, Brian Hechinger said:

I just switched from Xorg to Wayland on my Ubuntu 18.04 machine due to issues with Xorg (it crashes randomly ever since I switched to an AMD video card).

Synergy 1.10.1 works.

Kinda. I can type in the remote machine but Wayland appears to eat the Alt-Tab and gives it to GNOME even though the pointer is on the other machine.

Don't know the status of 2.x though.

Just installed 2.0.12.beta_b1677+0b61673b and the behavior is the same. Everything appears to work except alt-tab.

• 10 months later...
1 minute ago, cbens said:

Need Wayland support for Centos 8.Please add it asap.

That request is from 2 year ago.  How you think your "asap" will do the trick? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
josegalvez

What I have found is that for an edge to work there has to be an "X" window over it. Basically any window rendered with XWayland over the edge will allow the mouse to pass through.I Generally just leave the Synergy program open and over the edge I want to use. Not the most elegant solution, but at the moment it's a workaround.