Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Allow user to lock device as server

aristizabal95

aristizabal95

I know this has been addressed on early access beta, but I haven't been able to find a way to do it in the current state of the app.

Synergy 2 currently has the hability to recognize mouse and keyboard activity from any computer on the network, and uses this information to automatically set the server to the most active device. This is great, but may sometimes be annoying.

In my case, I use an iMac as a server, and a windows as a client.

On my windows I have a mouse which I use when I want to play games, this is because it will allow me for more precise movements. Because I'm using my windows mouse, the iMac gets automatically set as client, and I lose control of my keyboard while playing.

Therefore there must be a way to manually set and lock a device as server, ignoring recognition of input on other devices

Kelvin Tran

Have you tried right clicking on the device you want to be server on the grid and clicking "Set _________ to be server"?

You must be talking about F12 in the early release beta. That was not actually a feature and was put there for debugging and troubleshooting purposes, as setting a device to be server would reinitiate the connection with the Synergy cloud.

Edited by Kelvin Tran
aristizabal95

Yes, I have done that, and it does set my desired device as server. But if Synergy sees I'm using the mouse on another device for a while it will set that device as server automatically. I need to be able to use the local mouse on a client device without it being set as server

• 2 weeks later...

I need to lock the server machine to always be active too. I have several cats, who think nothing of walking over a keyboard or even sleeping on it, so I can be typing and a cat will approach from the side and then I have to go set it all up again. My preference would be to have a mode similar to V1 where the master keyboard and mouse are active on whichever screen is selected, but each individual keyboard and mouse is also active on their local machine.

• Like 1