Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Hotkeys. How to setup?

I've got a Windows Desktop connected to my mouse and keyboard, I can use the mouse to control my Macbook Pro and that's cool. 

How do I setup hotkeys to switch between "monitors"? 

I'm currently on the "Pro" subscription.

Thanks

• Like 1
Kelvin Tran
2 minutes ago, Frank11 said:

I've got a Windows Desktop connected to my mouse and keyboard, I can use the mouse to control my Macbook Pro and that's cool. 

How do I setup hotkeys to switch between "monitors"? 

I'm currently on the "Pro" subscription.

Thanks

@Nick Bolton actually did a post asking the community whether to include this in Synergy 2.0 or not.

We anticipate this coming out in a later version (though which version, I'm not exactly sure) but it's definitely not found in Synergy 2.0.

1 hour ago, Kelvin Tran said:

@Nick Bolton actually did a post asking the community whether to include this in Synergy 2.0 or not.

We anticipate this coming out in a later version (though which version, I'm not exactly sure) but it's definitely not found in Synergy 2.0.

When I paid for the subscription, I wasn't given a choice for 1.0 or 2.0. It seems I only got 2.0

Is there a way for me to get 1.0? Preferably without paying more. Truth is, I only purchased this software for the hotkey switching functionality.

Thanks

Frank

7 hours ago, jaap aarts said:

you can put it in the suggested features forum so it might get pushed to an earlier release.

and if you want the old synergy, look how to compile synergy from source, I'm pretty sure this is it though: https://github.com/symless/synergy-core/wiki/Compiling#Windows_x86

Hm.. I'd prefer not to fiddle with the compilation.

I found this thread which lists some compiled binaries.

I'll try it out tonight

Kelvin Tran
6 hours ago, Frank11 said:

Hm.. I'd prefer not to fiddle with the compilation.

I found this thread which lists some compiled binaries.

I'll try it out tonight

You will need a serial key to activate it.

You may want to contact [email protected]. They may be willing to hand out a Synergy 1 Basic key for you to use in the meantime. And I said MAY. No guarantees.

@Nick Bolton, what's your take on this?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 09/11/2017 at 6:34 AM, Kelvin Tran said:

You may want to contact [email protected]. They may be willing to hand out a Synergy 1 Basic key for you to use in the meantime. And I said MAY. No guarantees.

@Nick Bolton, what's your take on this?

Yes, we're able to give people access to Synergy 1 if they need it.

On 08/11/2017 at 3:38 PM, Frank11 said:

Truth is, I only purchased this software for the hotkey switching functionality.

This is coming soon, in 2.1 which is due early next year. If you need a refund, let us know.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'll +1 this.  I paid both for the original synergy and synergy 2.0 pro edition and keep going back to the old version because hotkeys are not an option.