Jump to content

Hotkeys. How to setup?


Frank11

Recommended Posts

I've got a Windows Desktop connected to my mouse and keyboard, I can use the mouse to control my Macbook Pro and that's cool. 

How do I setup hotkeys to switch between "monitors"? 

I'm currently on the "Pro" subscription.

Thanks

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Frank11 said:

I've got a Windows Desktop connected to my mouse and keyboard, I can use the mouse to control my Macbook Pro and that's cool. 

How do I setup hotkeys to switch between "monitors"? 

I'm currently on the "Pro" subscription.

Thanks

 

@Nick Bolton actually did a post asking the community whether to include this in Synergy 2.0 or not.

We anticipate this coming out in a later version (though which version, I'm not exactly sure) but it's definitely not found in Synergy 2.0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kelvin Tran said:

@Nick Bolton actually did a post asking the community whether to include this in Synergy 2.0 or not.

We anticipate this coming out in a later version (though which version, I'm not exactly sure) but it's definitely not found in Synergy 2.0.

 

When I paid for the subscription, I wasn't given a choice for 1.0 or 2.0. It seems I only got 2.0

Is there a way for me to get 1.0? Preferably without paying more. Truth is, I only purchased this software for the hotkey switching functionality.

Thanks

 

Frank

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jaap aarts said:

you can put it in the suggested features forum so it might get pushed to an earlier release.

and if you want the old synergy, look how to compile synergy from source, I'm pretty sure this is it though: https://github.com/symless/synergy-core/wiki/Compiling#Windows_x86

 

 

 

Hm.. I'd prefer not to fiddle with the compilation.

I found this thread which lists some compiled binaries.

 

I'll try it out tonight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Frank11 said:

 

Hm.. I'd prefer not to fiddle with the compilation.

I found this thread which lists some compiled binaries.

 

I'll try it out tonight

You will need a serial key to activate it.

You may want to contact service@symless.com. They may be willing to hand out a Synergy 1 Basic key for you to use in the meantime. And I said MAY. No guarantees.

@Nick Bolton, what's your take on this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Synergy Team
On 09/11/2017 at 6:34 AM, Kelvin Tran said:

You may want to contact service@symless.com. They may be willing to hand out a Synergy 1 Basic key for you to use in the meantime. And I said MAY. No guarantees.

@Nick Bolton, what's your take on this?

 

Yes, we're able to give people access to Synergy 1 if they need it.

On 08/11/2017 at 3:38 PM, Frank11 said:

Truth is, I only purchased this software for the hotkey switching functionality.

This is coming soon, in 2.1 which is due early next year. If you need a refund, let us know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'll +1 this.  I paid both for the original synergy and synergy 2.0 pro edition and keep going back to the old version because hotkeys are not an option. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...