Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Seeing sign in screen

I woke up this morning to the Synergy client asking to sign in to Symless.

Clicking on it brings you to the screen that is shown in the browser.

The log window that was previously available via the '`' key, is not available anymore

The client/server connection is still up, but I'm afraid it will not survive a reboot, and I still have to run two synergy-core processes in the Fedora client to make it work.

image.thumb.png.8e7d4b5a533721142ce73445c79d4745.png

jaap aarts

I had the same yesterday, the ` key should still work tho.

the logs are stored in /var/log/synergy, or you could try running this from the terminal:

synergy-service > insertFileName

to get the logs.

Nick.

I installed RC2, but I still cannot make it work out of the box.

The client does now establish a successful connection to the symless cloud server, but the mouse and keyboard control don't work

I'lltry rebooting the mac now, and if that does not work, I'll send you the latest logs.

It should be noted that I'm using one wireless adapter on the mac and the Fedora client has a wired and a wireless connection.

Edited by marcelo

I installed RC2 this morning. After successfully signing in I still see the above the sign in screen. Keyboard and mouse sharing is working OK but the GUI doesn't show my machines. Log window key doesn't work anymore.

Edited by IT Troll
jaap aarts
1 minute ago, IT Troll said:

I installed RC2 this morning. After successfully signing in I still see the above the sign in screen. Keyboard and mouse sharing is working OK but the GUI doesn't show my machines. Log window key doesn't work anymore.

seems to be some king of UI issue.

did you reboot after installing RC2? it might still be running the old version.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
20 hours ago, IT Troll said:

Must have been a server-side issue.

Hey everyone, this issue is now fixed. Sorry for the downtime. If you're still having issues, please email us ([email protected]). You'll be glad to know that we're starting work on 2.1 now, which will have an offline mode. Also, the online mode will be far less reliant on the cloud. Only the bare minimum (activation and IP address exchange) will go through the cloud servers.