Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Lifetime access for Synergy 1

I don't recall early Pro users (many years ago) being told the upgrades would stop with a version number. I thought I was purchasing upgrades for life in exchange for helping the young company get going.

It seems like an email went out saying that it would cost $29 to upgrade to version 2.

It is highly disappointing that the posts stating that they would take care of us who had older licenses have been deleted because after I had read those posts, I decided not to pay the $5 to get into the early access (which will give me a v2 Pro license) because I would be getting a Free upgrade to v2 once it was out of early access (due to the forums posts). I noticed that they were deleted when v2 was released. Now, I am unable to get v2 at the reduced cost of $5 due to those posts that were deleted which prompted me to change my mind to enroll in Early access.

Too bad as when I had donated to the company, I thought that we would be getting upgrades for free as it never stated it was only for a certain version. It seems like lots of promises were made, but none of them are carried out (like the free Swag emails, I filled it out and never got anything).

1 hour ago, compmas2 said:

I remember a forum post where Nick Bolton said he would "take care of existing users" and in the same post they said it would be a free upgrade.  What happened?

Also if I had known that wasn't true then I would have jumped in with the early access beta for $5 which is now closed.

It seems like the communicate to existing customers was not done very well.  I hope they inform everyone exactly what is going on with pricing.

Yep, same exact thing happened to me.

36 minutes ago, Jerry00 said:

Just drop them an email. They'll upgrade Pro's to v2. 

Don't forget to uninstall v1 before using v2.

I logged into my account and sent them a support request, and they added a Synergy 2 Pro license in 2-3 hours just as you stated.

I still feel it would have been better to send a different email than buy for $29.99 for existing customers and just automatically add a Synergy 2 license to their account. It seems weird that we have to request it.

I'm confused. Do I have to pay $29 for upgrading to synergy 2 pro?? Anyone knows any similar app?? Cause I don't want to pay for this gimmick. I haven't heard of this kind of service not offering any benefit when they release new version. Then they price like a real veteran. The real issue is not the money really. Whenever I use this app I may feel bad about it. This is all about the emotion. I don't want this synergy thing to ruin my comfortable computing machine work space. This is a kind of the situation like big trees and one small tree. This small tree don't appreciate big trees even though without big trees the small tree shall suffer from the sun.

It's not official I don't think, but if you send them a support request asking about the upgrade, they will add v2 pro to your v1 pro license. It only shows up in the download area. They said they'd take care of the long termers and it seems they are doing that, seeing that other people have had the same upgrade.

So:

1. No you don't have to pay
  2. yes, you have to contact support from the support page (under existing customer) and they will upgrade you for free.

At least that's what happened for me and apparently a few others.

I bought Synergy 1 Pro several years ago.  Now I see there is a Synergy 2 Pro available.  But when I try to purchase it, it says I already have Synergy 1.  If I try to purchase it anyway, it denies me, saying that my email address is already in use (BECAUSE I have already bought Synergy 1 Pro).

Can someone please put in simple, clear steps, how a current Synergy 1 Pro user can upgrade to Synergy 2 Pro?

• Kelvin Tran changed the title to Lifetime Access for Synergy 1 - Transferrance to Synergy 2
  • Kelvin Tran pinned this topic
  • Nick Bolton locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic