Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Lifetime access for Synergy 1

• Kelvin Tran pinned and featured this topic
  • Kelvin Tran unpinned this topic
  • Kelvin Tran locked this topic

I tried clicking the upgrade to pro button on my synergy 1, and on the next page it says "One-time payment with lifetime download access to Synergy 2."
However, when I return to my account page, it says Synergy 1 Pro in transactions (I haven't payed yet), so is there a way to upgrade to 2 from 1 or I can only buy it separately?

Kelvin Tran
1 hour ago, neky92 said:

I tried clicking the upgrade to pro button on my synergy 1, and on the next page it says "One-time payment with lifetime download access to Synergy 2."
However, when I return to my account page, it says Synergy 1 Pro in transactions (I haven't payed yet), so is there a way to upgrade to 2 from 1 or I can only buy it separately?

What upgrade to Pro button?

Synergy 2 is in no way related to Synergy 1 and is a separate purchase.

I also did this this morning after seeing that the new version was supposed to be available.  I assumed since I couldn't see the link to version 2 I had to upgrade to access the download.  It had the same message "One-time payment with lifetime download access to Synergy 2"  Please advise.

I'm using synergy 1 pro version. I can't find the upgrading feature in pricing page. Do I have to pay all money again for the new version or is that anything like upgrading discount like all others do in the world? 

Finally, should I have to upgrade? I can't find any reason to upgrade. Is it better security? 

I'm using synergy 1 pro version. I can't find the upgrading feature in pricing page. Do I have to pay all money again for the new version or is that anything like upgrading discount like all others do in the world? 

Finally, should I have to upgrade? I can't find any reason to upgrade. Is it better security? 

• Thanks 1
Kelvin Tran

There are new features and enhanced (more stable and more secure) SSL available with both Basic and Pro. The biggest single change, however, is not anything that enhances functionality; rather the new auto-configuration and the new interface. 

The choice to upgrade will be left up to you though.

Okay, 2 is more secure. good. Does it mean that synergy 1 pro is less secure than 2 basic and pro?? Then Am I using synergy 1 pro in danger of the hack?

Kelvin Tran
5 hours ago, hiphopbros said:

Okay, 2 is more secure. good. Does it mean that synergy 1 pro is less secure than 2 basic and pro?? Then Am I using synergy 1 pro in danger of the hack?

It's not a "hack" of any sort, it's just newer technologies in use and refined. That's all, really. They've just refined the technologies, but Synergy 1 was never "insecure" to begin with.

Claudius Ellsel

They said that users would get it for free, but I often those posts got deleted afterwards and now they are offering it again paid. I hope they are still true to their words.

Claudius Ellsel

Unfortunately most threads regarding this topic have been removed afterwards, I hope this won't happen to this one.

In one of them some people including me have been promised to get instant free access to the Synergy 2 Beta, which did not happen (I did not complain about it, since the thread got removed and I decided just to wait).

I purchased a license including all future upgrades which was changed silently to only cover Synergy 1 Pro. I ask you to change that back.

The reason I am writing this is because I got an E-Mail stating that Synergy 2 got released asking me to pay 29$ to upgrade.

I remember a forum post where Nick Bolton said he would "take care of existing users" and in the same post they said it would be a free upgrade.  What happened?

Also if I had known that wasn't true then I would have jumped in with the early access beta for $5 which is now closed.

It seems like the communicate to existing customers was not done very well.  I hope they inform everyone exactly what is going on with pricing.

• Thanks 1

Good question. I don't recall a distinction between when I purchased the original Pro license about being limited to v1. I thought we were purchasing lifetime upgrades for everything.

• Kelvin Tran changed the title to Lifetime Access for Synergy 1 - Transferrance to Synergy 2
  • Nick Bolton pinned this topic
  • Nick Bolton locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic