Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Change scroll speed on client?

Mac 10.10 server, Mac 10.10 client. The scroll speed on the client is about 10x of that on the client. Is there any way to change that? Having such a quick and sensitive scroll on the client makes it very difficult to middle-click, since it usually detects a scroll action before the click.
  • 2 weeks later...
Hannah Warmbier
Seconding this. When using my MacBook Pro as the server tracking and scrolling speed on my Mac Mini is way too high.
Ben Koenig
I don't think there is a way to specifically change your sensitivity settings. Sounds like really useful feature though. Would it be correct to assume that each of your Macs use different display resolutions? That might explain why it's increasing the speed. The only trick I have up my sleeve is the "Relative Mouse Moves" option. Somehow I don't think that will work but it is always work a try. Otherwise letting the developers know that you need this feature is best, and you found the best place to do that! Anyone else who needs this feel free to chime in.
  • 1 month later...
Judson Crane
I'm experiencing this too. Server is a Mac Pro running Yosemite with a display resolution of 1920 x 1080, client is a Macbook Pro running Yosemite at 1280 x 800. I've noticed two things: One is the difference in scrolling speed mentioned (much faster on the client), the other is that scrolling on the client has a 'stepped', choppy feel, much like a scroll wheel on a mouse. Scrolling on the server side is very smooth, like you would expect on Yosemite. Anyone else seeing this? EDIT: I should mention that I'm using an Apple bluetooth Magic Mouse, which, as mentioned, is very smooth for scrolling. I could imagine that Synergy's client side simply doesn't yet support the scrolling resolution required for the Magic Mouse, and so it ends up behaving like a regular old scroll wheel. Come to think of it, maybe that's where the speed difference comes in too -- every tiny little scrolling increment on the Magic Mouse is interpreted as a larger increment on the client side, thus resulting in much faster scrolling speeds.
Brett Whitten
This is something I wish could get fixed as well. I have 4 1920x1080 screens on my Mac Mini Server 10.10 and the Synergy Server. Upper Left is another 1920x1080 for my MBP running 10.11. Next 2 are 1920x1080 on an HP Thin Client (Debian). Scrolling with any mouse (Logitech or Magic Mouse) is unpleasant on any of the clients - choppy and fast. This has been happening for a few years now and I've tried every setting combination imaginable. It's something that may be able to be fixed in the software, or not.
  • 1 month later...
Craig Sylvern
I am having this problem as well. Server is a 27" iMac and client is a MBP. Tracking speed on the MBPro is way to fast and difficult to manage.
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Giancarlo Gamberini
Same experience, scrolling is practically impossible on client, please fix this. Server: iMac 27-inch (2560 x 1440) OS X 10.11.1 Client: MacBookPro 13-inch (1280 x 800) OS X 10.11.1
Mark Anderson
Same here. Scrolling on client is very fast, choppy, and frequently unusable. Please fix. Server: Mac Mini (1920 x 1080) OS X 10.10.3 Client: MacBook (1440x900) OS X 10.9.5
Nathaniel Ng
Hi, I've been trying to Google around for a solution on Stack Overflow / AskUbuntu / etc. My search terms were "stack linux change mouse speed". I tried some of the methods mentioned in the list: 1. http://askubuntu.com/questions/205676/h ... ensitivity 2. http://askubuntu.com/questions/8506/dec ... dard-limit Seems like none of them worked (or I could have done something incorrectly). I hope Synergy can fix this.
  • 2 weeks later...
Mark Price
Same issue here. Just purchased and installed and the mouse speed scroll speed on the client is insanely fast and choppy. Magic mouse also. Server: OS X 10.11.4 Client: OS X 10.10.5
  • 11 months later...
Youngkyu Song

Hello,

Is this smooth scroll issue not solved yet?

I really want to use smooth scroll.

And I want to use horizontal scroll direction as my server mac use.

for now, the horizontal scroll directions is opposite with my server mac.

(my client is MacBook pro)

Server : Mac mini Sierra 10.12.3

Client : Macbook pro Sierra 10.12.3

Synergy : both 1.8.8 stable

please fix this.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...