Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Error Code: -65541

Tyler Oestreich
I'm getting this error code at what seems to be random times. Does anybody have any thoughts on what is causing this and how to fix?
  • 4 weeks later...
Ben Koenig
Are you still getting this error? Some basic system information will help us help you. Good places to start: - Which Operating System is the server? - Which Operating System is the client? - Which version of Synergy are you using? Error codes are often OS specific. If are still seeing these errors please let me know!
  • 2 weeks later...
Ben Koenig
This does seem to be Synergy specific. Error -65541 is being tracked over here: [url]https://github.com/synergy/synergy/issues/4375[/url] Debug info is always helpful! Basic details about your OS version, hardware model and any third party software can help. Looks like this is related to sleep/resume on Macs and possibly airplay.
  • 3 years later...
G. James Berigan

I received a deluge of this error code today while updating Little Snitch to 4.2.3 on macOS 10.14. The error dialog was opening constantly and had to be force-quit to allow a restart of the system. Synergy version 1.10.1-stable-8941241e.

After restart (updating both Little Snitch and macOS to 10.14.1) had the missing tls certificate problem which was resolved by turning the option in preferences off and back on again.

Screen capture below does not include odd dark-mode halo around the window. Included in case the appearance helps locate where it occurred.

On 7/9/2015 at 7:52 PM, Ben Koenig said:

This does seem to be Synergy specific. Error -65541 is being tracked over here: https://github.com/synergy/synergy/issues/4375 Debug info is always helpful! Basic details about your OS version, hardware model and any third party software can help. Looks like this is related to sleep/resume on Macs and possibly airplay.

That link leads to a 404 error page.

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 8.30.05 AM.png

• 1 year later...
Eidur Gudmundsson

same problem on mac os 10.15.4 catalina , I dont understand what is happening. it does not work more then 1 day.the crashes

• 2 months later...
Digital Media man

The past two days I have woken up to a Mac Mini that shows me this -65541 error alert repeatedly. It basically takes control of the computer and I can't do anything other than hard shut down with the power button. The only thing I have changed recently is the addition of a G Suite account on my machine, which I thought might be causing this, but then a Google search after reboot led me here. 

Help! 

I am running latest version of Catalina. 10.15.6 on both Macs that are using Synergy. 

Edited by Digital Media man
Digital Media man

This just happened again while I was working. Moving accidentally into the second computer which was in sleep mode triggered this. It also forced my Google and iCloud accounts to request login again. Here is a video showing what happens. 

I don't know what to do about this. I need the software but if it doesn't behave I can't have it wrecking my work environment. I may as well just use my second input devices on the other computer. 

Any ideas?

Digital Media man

Something in Synergy has really stuffed up my Mac. I am now unable to sign out of my iCloud account. I am getting an error saying that tyhere is an error in my Apple ID preferences. 

I strongly advise Mac users running Catalina to avoid this application. It has got some serious issues. I hope that they are able to fix this. 

• 3 months later...
RICHARD TAYLOR

Did anyone find a cause or even a solution to this? I've just upgraded to Big Sur (11.0.1) and getting this daily. The dialogue cannot be dismissed so I need to kill the synergy task to make it go away. I've downloaded and installed the latest synergy v1 pro and no change.