Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

How to use?

I'm a happy user of synergy for years and got exited about this new beta and bought the license right away. It installs flawlessly on both my mac and my pc, but I really don't know how to use it. The computers find each other and I can rearrange the screens. Then what? There is no menu anywhere and the mouse or keyboard on neither device can get to the other screen. Also there is no "clock icon" as before so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get rid of it in the dock / taskbar.

I did not know if I should go into troubleshooting, killing and restarting processes or not as the computers find each other alright.

regards Philip

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 21.32.45.png

3 hours ago, ebullient said:

If both sides are connected, both will be green (in which case mouse and keyboard do the things you expect). 

Okej, interesting. The status is the same on both screens, being the left "DESKTOP" (The Windows computer) with green status. I am on the same LAN with both computers, the mac is wired and the pc is on wifi. I just checked the firewall on windows and Synergy is in the allow list. Firewall on the mac is off. What can i check next?

wormscoffer

I've been seeing the same.

Both machines appear and if I move one then the same happens on the other.

I can't repeat to check the colour of the screens as now the application crashes on both of my machines within a couple of minutes of starting it.

2017-10-17_08-42-12.png

I had this same issue until I rebooted both machines. One of them prompted me to reboot, the other did not. They are both Win10 machines.

After reboot, everything worked great. Like someone already said above, you need them both to show green.

Make sure your firewall is setup (see the stickies in this forum) and restart the synergy services. There has been a wealth of posts the last few days with fixes to most of the issues I've seen posted.

Hey guys, same problem here.

Both screens are green on both sides, both firewalls disabled and I also tried adding exceptions for synergy. No Luck.

Any Ideas? Anyway, is it possible to swap a Synergy 2 licens to a 1 one?

Edited by SnnPss
3 minutes ago, SnnPss said:

Hey guys, same problem here.

Both screens are green on both sides, both firewalls disabled and I also tried adding exceptions for synergy. No Luck.

Any Ideas? Anyway, is it possible to swap a Synergy 2 licens to a 1 one?

Have you hit F12 on the machine with the keyboard/mouse to set it as the 'server'?

Also, have you used '`' to open the log window and take a gander at what error you're seeing? Want to share those here?

Yeah, tried that multiple times on both machines.

No, here they are: 

[ Service ] [2017-10-17T20:13:36] debug: tcp client connect error: Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat
[ Service ] [2017-10-17T20:13:36] debug: connectivity test failed for 192.168.0.164:24810

Its the same on both machines, one has the .164, the other one .6

"The connectivity test failed, because the other client couldnt react in time, or the connection was faulty, because the connected host has not responded it time"

Edited by SnnPss
8 minutes ago, SnnPss said:

Yeah, tried that multiple times on both machines.

No, here they are: 

[ Service ] [2017-10-17T20:13:36] debug: tcp client connect error: Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat
[ Service ] [2017-10-17T20:13:36] debug: connectivity test failed for 192.168.0.164:24810

Its the same on both machines, one has the .164, the other one .6

"The connectivity test failed, because the other client couldnt react in time, or the connection was faulty, because the connected host has not responded it time"

Sounds like you're still experiencing some firewall issue related to port 24810 (same issue I had). Have you tried allowing the port through as well as the 4 EXE's as discussed in that firewall thread? I know it was said that you only need to do the exe's and not the port, but for s***ts and giggles, can you try the port too? I have both sets allowed on my firewall and have ZERO issues other than needing to recycle the synergy service.

2 minutes ago, SnnPss said:

All set and done. I also enabled port forwarding for the port on my router. Restarted both pcs and sevices. Nope, dead.

Very odd indeed. Not sure what else would block traffic from one machine to the other. Perhaps try uninstalling on both machines, running an app like CCleaner to clean out any remnants/temp files and also the registry and then try re-installing? Grasping at straws here...

10 hours ago, Val D. said:

I had this same issue until I rebooted both machines. One of them prompted me to reboot, the other did not. They are both Win10 machines.

After reboot, everything worked great. Like someone already said above, you need them both to show green.

Rebooted both machines and turned off firewall on them both too. No luck. One machine green, the other is not. :(

6 minutes ago, philsson said:

Rebooted both machines and turned off firewall on them both too. No luck. One machine green, the other is not. :(

I did not get it to work by turning the firewall OFF on windows. But after turning it back on and allowing all the EXE files in the Synergy directory, then starting Synergy on both machines it started working! Now I have both machines green and I can use mouse and keyboard from either machine on both. :D

Read the new synergy 2.x would have auto update. Will this mean the beta will update itself to stable at some point or will I have to keep an eye out for updates?

Thanks for all the help. Know I could have read through many threads on the forum and eventually found something, but the tip here that helped me was adding these exe files.

• 2 weeks later...