Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Login Screen

Mike Penda
Hi. I can't seem to get Synergy to start upon boot on my client PC running Ubuntu 15.04. I want it to be present so I can use the server's keyboard and mouse to login. As it stands now, I have to use an attached keyboard and mouse to login, then once Synergy starts, it works fine. Well, the cursor doesn't always appear but it works well enough. Thanks.
Ben Koenig
Hello, 'synergyc' is the command to start synergy from the commandline. On Ubuntu using lightdm there is a configuration option that allows you to run custom scripts when the display manager starts - before login. There was another person here who was doing exactly this on another distro in GDM. I am going to look up which option this is and get back to you. You can take a look at the config file in /etc/lightdm/. The option you want is probably commented out.
Ben Koenig
Unfortunately I could not get synergyc to see the X server of the Display Manager in Linux Mintm (MDM, same codebase as Ubuntu's lightdm). It kept saying "could not find secondary screen" and exiting on a segmentation fault before completing a connection reset.
Mike Penda
I tried the lightdm approach before, but let me look at it again and see if I did it correctly. Thank you!