Hello! šŸ‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Hotkeys used in Synergy 2

thank you for your reply. The links you give are not working.

I have already tried what is mentionedĀ on this links.

The IP part I can't understand it, I know ipĀ config but where the heck is an IP setting in the synergy app?

Edited by Tech49
GranPaSmurf

Hmm. I just now double checked them on my end and they are working from here. If not, go to the top of this beta early access forum and see the stickies. The couple I sent are: Synergy 2 beta4 Troubleshooting andĀ Preliminary Troubleshooting.

Ā 

Synergy 2 beta4 TroubleshootingSynergy 2 beta4 Troubleshooting

I tried those recommendations in the troubleshooting guides. No luck so far, as far as I know there shouldnt be any problems on my side regarding IP and firewall. Also did the mandatory reboots on the machines.

I tried to add the rules inbound/outbound (TCP/UDP)Ā to both machines, even disabled the firewall itself. It is still not working for me. Though one is connected, the other one is still trying after reboots.

Ā 

Ā 

Synergy.jpg

Ok, I installed Beta 4 on macos (server) and windows 10. ctrl-alt-delete isn't working, so I can't login to windows 10. Also my screen layout is such that the 1:1 default mapping of edges between machines is not acceptable.

What is the correct way to stop the synergy process on macos? I ended up having to manually unload the launch agent, which seems heavy handed.

How can I quit Synergy 2 on my Mac?

How can I specify the screen name? as it detected my email as screen name

Why does it appear an additional screen that belongs to no computer AFAIK?

ok it used to work but after latest windows update it doesnt..

windows 10 on both sides, synergy works from secondary ( no mouse keyboard usually ) to this computer if i hit f12 on it.

if i hit f12 on this one it switches back says connected... shows alotĀ of ipsĀ that i dont even use ..10.0. 172.0. etc and my ip.. shows connected...i can swiggle icons and other screen mimics... but i cant traverse to other side..Ā if i click scroll lock i see it toggles on/off but no go. any other idea ?

I've seen others have having similar problems. I have a mac and a windows box with synergy beta4. both machines show up as green boxes in the UI and if i hit f12 on the mac it becomes the server and works fine. the problem is that i want the windows box to be the server, not the mac.Ā sadly f12 does nothing on the windows machine so i can't figure out how to make it the server.

Anyone have any ideas or a solution?

• Nick Bolton unfeatured this topic
Dave Detloff

How do make synergy "run on start" on my win 10 pc? I have to manually start and then it is open in the task bar all the time instead of running in the back ground and icon only in system tray. Mac has option to run on start. Right click icon in task bar and choose options > open at log in

Ā 

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
18 hours ago, Dave Detloff said:

How do make synergy "run on start" on my win 10 pc? I have to manually start and then it is open in the task bar all the time instead of running in the back ground and icon only in system tray. Mac has option to run on start. Right click icon in task bar and choose options > open at log in

It actually runs as a service on all operating systems as standard (you can't turn this off). There's no need to open the config window to start Synergy.

• Nick Bolton unpinned this topic
  • 10 months later...

Sorry if I have missed anything above.

I am using Norwegian keyboard - the key combination to enter @ (Ascii 64) is AltGr-2.

But when I press AltGr-2 Synergy switch screen.Ā Ā 

Just got a new keyboard - Logitech Craft - so I will find away around it, but if it is possible to customize this in any way, I would like to know it.

Thanks for a great product - many years since I bought it, but finally started using it.

Stein O