Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

A short first impression...

Kelvin Tran
Just now, Nick Bolton said:

Yeah. It's a bad example of a troubleshooting guide. That was a quick fix to work around bugs, it was not meant to be permanent.

I see.

7 minutes ago, Nick Bolton said:

However, this won't come until Synergy 2.1. A bit like how Microsoft reintroduced the start menu in Windows 8.1. We know that people are going to want manual mode back, but first, we need to focus on auto-config in 2.0 (as it'll make life easier for more people).

We will always aim to please the majority, before trying to please the minority.

Fair enough. If you can accept that there will be a number of folks who can't implement 2.0 due to firewall or administrative restrictions, then I can accept the idea of waiting till 2.1 to deploy in those environments. (As long as you don't take 18 or so months to get that functionality into the package, as did Micro$oft with Windows 8.1). 

6 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

For edge cases where users can't connect to the cloud (or don't want to),

What happens if you go out of business? One of the considerations for me is whether a service will keep working in that case, and while some clearly won't (gmail, dropbox, etc), anything which _should_ work perfectly well in an offline configuration should continue to do so.

-J

AA_Anonymous
3 hours ago, JonT said:

What happens if you go out of business? One of the considerations for me is whether a service will keep working in that case, and while some clearly won't (gmail, dropbox, etc), anything which _should_ work perfectly well in an offline configuration should continue to do so.

-J

I'd bet they are bought out before they go out of business. I wouldn't stress about that.

• Like 1