Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

It Crashed! What now?

Ben Koenig
Hey everyone! For anyone experiencing crashes and slowdowns while using Synergy, please make sure you are using version [b]1.7.3[/b]. This version includes code that allows Synergy to recover from errors much more gracefully. Making use of this feature is the fastest way to improve Synergy. Please always follow these steps first: 1) Close Synergy 2) Uninstall old version of Synergy on server and client 3) Install Version [b]1.7.3[/b] 4) Run the registration Wizard. -> Very Important! Replaces files which caused SSL errors. 5) If issues persist look for a related post here or start a new thread ;) There are a lot of old versions floating around. Making sure you are using the same version as everyone else is the easiest way to get help. Thanks! -Ben
Alan Shaw
How do I run the registration wizard on MacOS? I'm reinstalling 1.7.3 (btw it ran automatically the first time I installed 1.7.3). I keep getting the ssl errors. Alternatively how can I disable ssl?
Ben Koenig
The process should be the same on a Mac. The wizard is found in the Synergy -> Run Wizard menu. This should overwrite any old files from previous versions.