Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Seeing "version is not supported" but download is still beta3

14 minutes ago, quasarito said:

By that logic, we shouldn't report bugs because it's beta and just makes us look whiny. Feedback is what Symless wanted... well, that's what this is in all its glory. I hope they will take the feedback and adjust appropriately for beta 5.

I'd argue that when the software maintainer has already said that their beta is experiencing some disruption, and asked everyone to "sit tight," that you don't need to report anything. Just "sit tight."

Edited by swaziloo
Grammar.
  • Like 1
Mohammad Minaie

Couldn't agree more with it being feedback. Hopefully its heard, please announce service announcements in advance. Thanks

Edited by Mohammad Minaie

Understandably we're using the beta and should expect issues but dropping all support and functionality for Beta 3 before Beta 4 is even available is frustrating. Since it's 2:30am at Symless HQ I'm not sure we can expect a fix for at least another 6+ hours.

Sitting tiiiiiiiight!...

Edited by hellodaniel

While I agree that it's a pain to get this message only to find out that there's no new version available for download which makes synergy 2 inoperable, it's also worth mentioning that it only take less than 15 minutes to get synergy 1.8 running.

• Like 1

omagashhhh!

14 minutes ago, hellodaniel said:

Yeah tight @quad_bx but you can also subscribe top right!

+1 anyway! Bring on the beta 4 awesome sauce @Nick Bolton

I can't believe I'm allowed to have an annoying animated gif avatar.

Edited by #Jp
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
9 hours ago, swaziloo said:

The download page https://symless.com/synergy/downloads for Synergy 2 doesn't tell me which version is available, so I (most likely like everyone else) have downloaded a couple dozen copies of beta3 already today to check if next version has dropped

Good idea. I've prioritized this.

As someone who griped that we were left in the dark when this happened back in July, I appreciate that there has been more immediate communication since then, particularly on this thread.  Thanks for that.