Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.7.3stable NON-SSL working, SSL does not.

Scott Boutwell
I'd have to say 1.7.3stable = more stable but still not working yet, on the SSL side of the program. The following are some notes I took while testing this today. Synergy 1.7.3 Errors encountered. Server when already running, and has connections should say Apply and Stop currently reflects Apply and Start While running and has client connections and functioning. Also indicates READY. Client install shows some files that need to be updated are currently in use. SynergyDesk (Not shown in Taskmanager under that name. I'll assume it to be part of the Synergy Service) Would not leave until synergyc was ENDED from taskmanager. Note this occurred before the wizard and from a windows 7 32bit that had been running 1.6.3stable All clients and server work now however no luck yet getting the SSL portion to function correctly Each of the installations blew an WARNING with AVAST AntiVirus installed as well during the registration process. A firewall setting in Windows 7 to be opened is also requested to be opened. When testing the SSL features from the 1.7.3 Pro server. After enabling SSL it became UNRESPONSIVE with the following error repeated in the LOG. ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SSL ERROR: error:140C5042:SSL routines:ssl_undefined_function:called a function you should not call ERROR: failed to connect secure socket and it appeared to loop to death and become Non-Responsive with the (Not Responding) at top of whited out screen. Items running at this time in Taskmanager appear to be synergy.exe, synergyd.exe, synergy.exe After attempting to stop the server from taskmanager couldn't and had to REBOOT system just to attempt another start as Synergy Service was stopped and blew the IPC error as it could not gain control of this service and restart it. Also it appears that the start stop button isn't STOPPING and starting things as it continues to loop on the NOTE: ipc connecting to service... ERROR: ipc connection error, connection refused What it does appear to me, is that the program on the server side still does not shut itself completely down when you tell it to STOP. BTW I can run DEBUG1 and DEBUG2 logs I believe if needed now. Drag and Drop is working for LARGE files is working from Windows 7 to Windows 7, OS X 10.10 to Windows 7 however not from Windows 7 to OS X 10.10 I'm thinking this could be an issue with the DUAL SCREEN on the Windows 7 Server as the pointer makes a change when going from main screen to 2nd screen then on to the OS X box. Things are starting to work like they did in 1.6.3stable, however SSL at this point is still not working..
Scott Boutwell
Also looked at control panel installation of the client not server, left OLD version behind so needed remove from programs and features and reinstall.
David Stover
I was running into the 'ERROR: error:140C5042:SSL routines:ssl_undefined_function:called a function you should not call' error as well. The way I ended up fixing it was to delete the 'Plugins' and 'SSL' directories in 'C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Synergy' and then go to 'File' and then 'Run Wizard' in the GUI, which pulled down a new Plugins directory and issued a new certificate and fingerprint. I had to do those steps on both the client and the server. After I did that I was prompted to accept the new fingerprint on the client and I was good to go. I was getting a tad frustrated since attempting to downgrade didn't fix the issue.
Alexander Shenkin
[quote="David Stover"]I was running into the 'ERROR: error:140C5042:SSL routines:ssl_undefined_function:called a function you should not call' error as well. The way I ended up fixing it was to delete the 'Plugins' and 'SSL' directories in 'C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Synergy' and then go to 'File' and then 'Run Wizard' in the GUI, which pulled down a new Plugins directory and issued a new certificate and fingerprint. I had to do those steps on both the client and the server. After I did that I was prompted to accept the new fingerprint on the client and I was good to go. I was getting a tad frustrated since attempting to downgrade didn't fix the issue.[/quote] This works for me! Thanks for the tip.
Ben Koenig
That is a nice tip David! Uninstalling a program doesn't remove your configuration files, so deleting or backing them up can solve so many quirky problems. Especially going from one version of the software to the next.