Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Version not supported

James Gray

Yes - they are in the UK, so Monday kicks off in a few more hours for them. However, having worked for a few software companies, if an issue like this popped up over the weekend, we would have dealt with it. Based on my analysis, the app is phoning home and checking the installed version against supported version at Synergy HQ. I'm guessing, but the latest build probably hasn't been added to the supported version check "system" and would probably require some dev/sysadmin editing a config or updating a database...5-minute job, tops. If their systems require more effort than that, I'm happy to have a chat with them about DevOps :P

Regardless, I'm operational on 1.8 so no harm, no foul. Really want to get my hands on v2 though :)

• Like 1
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cristián

• cguerra

• Archleone

• James Gray

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm really sorry for the late reply on this everyone. The whole team is aware of the problem now. Our developers are on the move and confirmed that it'll be fixed tomorrow. Please bear with us on this

Seriously, I think I'd love a cup of whatever you're drinking because it sounds as though it's pretty powerful. But for those of us who cannot resort to such elixirs, this situation is inexplicab

The promise was not that it would work perfectly, but that it would work. Otherwise, offer the beta version for free

Posted Images

Cristián
7 minutes ago, James Gray said:

Yes - they are in the UK, so Monday kicks off in a few more hours for them. However, having worked for a few software companies, if an issue like this popped up over the weekend, we would have dealt with it. Based on my analysis, the app is phoning home and checking the installed version against supported version at Synergy HQ. I'm guessing, but the latest build probably hasn't been added to the supported version check "system" and would probably require some dev/sysadmin editing a config or updating a database...5-minute job, tops. If their systems require more effort than that, I'm happy to have a chat with them about DevOps :P

Regardless, I'm operational on 1.8 so no harm, no foul. Really want to get my hands on v2 though :)

How can I download 1.8?

InfinityMin3r
10 minutes ago, Archleone said:

Do you only own 2.0?

Nevermind you have to own 1.8 to own 2.0 iirc.

Actually, I just bought it without owning 1.8, fwiw.

James Gray
6 hours ago, InfinityMin3r said:

Actually, I just bought it without owning 1.8, fwiw.

Then I doubt their system will give you access to the 1.8 releases :(

GranPaSmurf

To all and everyone,

My advice is to go have a cup of coffee/tea/chocolate and settle. Don't down grade unless you can't get through your workday without it.

I've used Synergy forever, it seems. I feel like I know Nick. I don't think there is anything malicious here. Elsewhere I posted what was supposed to be humorous, that someone made a major change Saturday night then left the building and everybody took off on Sunday. Leaving us inadvertently taking Sunday off from Synergy too. Edging into day 2, it may not be as humorous today, however...

It's just now the start of business day in Britannia, I expect a red-faced development engineer will very soon toggle a line of code and we will once again be on the cutting edge of one of the most exciting and useful programs available anywhere. We signed on to a Beta version ($5 or not, there are easier ways to score a fiver) and being a beta tester can sometimes be frustrating. 

Now that I put it all down on type, maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps you will be happier in your daily life if you continue with your downgrade. Cheers!

As for me...for now, I'm reaching for that other keyboard that's under the bench and using two wireless mouses, meece? ...this is really Fun!

KringleKrebs 

• Like 1
Archleone
1 minute ago, KringleKrebs said:

To all and everyone,

My advice is to go have a cup of coffee/tea/chocolate and settle. Don't down grade unless you can't get through your workday without it.

I've used Synergy forever, it seems. I feel like I know Nick. I don't think there is anything malicious here. Elsewhere I posted what was supposed to be humorous, that someone made a major change Saturday night then left the building and everybody took off on Sunday. Leaving us inadvertently taking Sunday off from Synergy too. Edging into day 2, it may not be as humorous today, however...

It's just now the start of business day in Britannia, I expect a red-faced development engineer will very soon toggle a line of code and we will once again be on the cutting edge of one of the most exciting and useful programs available anywhere. We signed on to a Beta version ($5 or not, there are easier ways to score a fiver) and being a beta tester can sometimes be frustrating. 

Now that I put it all down on type, maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps you will be happier in your daily life if you continue with your downgrade. Cheers!

As for me...for now, I'm reaching for that other keyboard that's under the bench and using two wireless mouses, meece? ...this is really Fun!

KringleKrebs 

I don't think anyone is too upset over this, I personally know life happens and that especially for a small company like Symless where it's a handful or maybe even one person I dunno. I was excited to try it out on my day off and play around with my multiPC setup but I'm not one bit upset. I hope the guy well and when he gets to this he'll make sure that this doesn't happen again. 

Thanks for the awesome software Nick if you're reading any of this! 

• Like 1

Just my luck... I've been aching to try this today, but apparently not. Using Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS, btw.

Does this version of Synergy phone home? Because if that's the case, you could just disable the check for 24hrs or whatever on your side.

I can wait a day :)  with hopes that some of the small issues will be resolved :) Great app, makes life so much easier running multiple machines. Thanks for the update Paul. 

GranPaSmurf
44 minutes ago, cguerra said:

Windows x64 this worked for me - Download link is still pointing to old build (624):

https://binaries.symless.com/v2.0-beta2-take2/Synergy_v2.0.0-beta2_b720-520c9118.msi

I think you're right. It did install for me. However, on the other end, the screen it's supposed to link to is also new beta, linux version. so, maybe I have a Win10 ver that works but nothing to hook it too. So I un-installed it. Impatiently waiting on the engineers. 

I only have Windows, so that is only what I have confirmed works, so ymmv...also I am hoping I am not overstepping boundaries and creating support issues, not my intent, my intent was to personally get back up and running (and helping others in the same boat), and if they release yet another build and fix the download links different from the ones below, then I will just uninstall this version and reinstall, so proceed at your own risk.

https://binaries.symless.com/v2.0-beta2-take2/Synergy_v2.0.0-beta2_b720-520c9118.msi

https://binaries.symless.com/v2.0-beta2-take2/Synergy-2.0.0-547.beta2.520c9118.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm

https://binaries.symless.com/v2.0-beta2-take2/Synergy_2.0.0.beta2~b523+520c9118_amd64.deb

https://binaries.symless.com/v2.0-beta2-take2/v2.0-beta2-take2/Synergy_v2.0.0-beta2_b639-520c9118.dmg

My apologies, I should have at least clicked on it and downloaded it....only these three do apparently download (at least for now...)

https://binaries.symless.com/v2.0-beta2-take2/Synergy-2.0.0-547.beta2.520c9118.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm

https://binaries.symless.com/v2.0-beta2-take2/Synergy_v2.0.0-beta2_b639-520c9118.dmg

Edited by cguerra
Fixed .dmg path