Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 1.7.3 released

Ray Engelking
Synergy is a great idea when it is working. Unfortunately, even with the Pro version I have had nothing but painful experiences every single time that I have had to upgrade it. I have a Win 7 64 bit as the server, and a Mac OSX 10.9, Windows XP, Ubuntu 14.04, and Rasp Pi as clients. I made the mistake of going from 1.71 to 1.73, and now am getting this error on the Win 7 server even after reboot: 140C5042 I understand developing for this many types of operating systems is difficult because you really need a machine for each one and there are a lot of permutations. The main thing that could correct all this mess is to not have to login to your website to download and then type the login again to activate, this for 5 separate machines! 10 logins just to upgrade to a new version, and then it doesn't even work! Please help!
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ira Chandler

• the-wes

• John Hoekstra

• Dusko Mandic

david kuhl
I found with this version, on win7 and 8, it eats up about 20% of my CPU consistently on all machines. If i end the task, it fixes this issue and synergy keeps working without me restarting it? strange...
Ira Chandler
NICK, a few words here about your plans to address the issues in 1.7.3 would be appreciated... Do you need anything from us?
Jan Peterson
I have the server on Mac OS X and the client on Linux. Normally, everything is working just fine. I can suspend my laptop (Mac OS X side) and when I come back to the office and resume, the synergy client on Linux reconnects just as you would expect it to. However, if, instead of suspending my Mac, I stop the synergy server on the Mac side, the client on Linux exits with the following messages: [code] ERROR: ssl error occurred (system call failure) ERROR: eof violates ssl protocol NOTE: disconnected from server DEBUG: adopting new buffer DEBUG: closed display NOTE: stopped client DEBUG: unloading plugin: libns [/code] Then I have to plug a keyboard into the Linux machine and restart the client. I would rather have it detect that the server went away and continue trying to reconnect (like it does when the server just disappears instead of exiting).
Ira Chandler
[b]NICK, a few words here about your plans to address the issues in 1.7.3 would be appreciated... Do you need anything from us? [/b]
Devlin Breckenridge
I'm having the exact same problem with 1.7.3 . I'm running a windows box as my main and two macs on either side. I keep getting secure socket issues and losing connection between my devices. It will work for a while and then it disconnects. I have to stop and start my clients for them to connect to the PC again. I will have to downgrade for a while. [quote="Gareth Jones"]Tried installing 1.7.3 - Server is windows 7 -54bit client is redhat - 64 bit. Cannot have different versions talk to one another - ok - kinda expected that looking at the changes. Windows seems to install fine. Linus compains it cannot figure out what version of linux is running. When I run it i get the following: ERROR: error:140C5042:SSL routines:SSL_UNDEFINED_FUNCTION:called a function you should not call ERROR: failed to accept secure socket INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: disconnected from server NOTE: stopped client So - bad things. 1.7.2 has issues with connections, 1.7.3 doesn't run. Next version please...[/quote]
Ira Chandler
[b][size=150]NICK, a few words here about your plans to address the issues in 1.7.3 would be appreciated... Do you need anything from us?[/size][/b]
Brian Likosar
I hate to simply add a +1, but I can confirm that the 1.7.3 issues are not limited to Macs & Windows. I have a windows server and linux client with the same issue where I have to restart frequently - whether SSL is enabled or not. It seems very much related to how much is in my copy/paste buffer, but I have yet to get to the bottom of it. The DEBUG log I have is getting too big for me to leave it turned on, but I'm happy to provide that if that would help fix these issues.
Bob Weber
Having similiar problems. Windows 7 server, Ubuntu client [i]NOTE: accepted client connection NOTE: client has connected ERROR: corrupted clipboard data, expected size=73 actual size=0[/i]
[quote="the-wes"]The SSL version issue and the CPU usage issue are expected to be addressed in Synergy 1.7.4, due out in a few weeks or a month or so. You can test out a pre-release version here: CPU usage Problem solved for me with this pre-release under Win7 64. Thanks.
John Hoekstra
Tried the pre-release version on my problem 32 bit Windows XP system. Good [list] [*]It didn't trash all of the security settings like 1.7.3 did.[/*:m] [*]The clipboard works again.[/*:m][/list:u] Bad [list] [*]Enabling SSL doesn't work.[/*:m] [*]It is still not as fast as previous versions.[/*:m][/list:u] Server system is 64 bit Windows 8.1 running synergy 1.7.3 gives a series of errors. NOTE: accepted client connection ERROR: passive ssl error limit exceeded: 100001 ERROR: failed to accept secure socket INFO: client connection may not be secure NOTE: accepted client connection ERROR: passive ssl error limit exceeded: 100001 ERROR: failed to accept secure socket INFO: client connection may not be secure NOTE: accepted client connection ERROR: passive ssl error limit exceeded: 100001 ERROR: failed to accept secure socket INFO: client connection may not be secure NOTE: accepted client connection ERROR: ssl error occurred (system call failure) ERROR: eof violates ssl protocol ERROR: failed to accept secure socket INFO: client connection may not be secure NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: new client disconnected NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: new client disconnected WARNING: detected application not running, pid=4340 INFO: backing off, wait=2s, failures=1 INFO: starting new process activeDesktop:Default
John - double-check that encryption is enabled on the client. The server's log is what I usually see when an un-encrypted client tries to connect. You may need to update the server to the same version, although the two versions were working together on my system during testing. Just something to try.
John Hoekstra
Tried setting synergy on both machines to SSL, rebooted and checked. Here are the errors: [b]Server Side[/b] NOTE: accepted client connection ERROR: passive ssl error limit exceeded: 100001 ERROR: failed to accept secure socket INFO: client connection may not be secure [b]Client Side[/b] WARNING: detected application not running, pid=5496 INFO: backing off, wait=2s, failures=1 INFO: starting new process INFO: starting new process INFO: ignoring --enable-drag-drop, not supported below vista. INFO: started client INFO: connecting to '192.168.1.104': 192.168.1.104:24800 INFO: watchdog status: ok ERROR: passive ssl error limit exceeded: 100001 ERROR: failed to connect secure socket INFO: service command updated INFO: activeDesktop:Default INFO: disconnected from server
Dusko Mandic
I have unusually high CPU usage this is a image from server machine which (Windows XP / Dell Optiplex 745; Core 2 6300 @1.86GHz) [attachment=1]synergy.JPG[/attachment] and this one is from client machine (Windows 8.1 pro / Dell Latitude 3550; i5-5200U @2.20GHz [attachment=0]Synergy_Clinet.jpg[/attachment] in both cases, I have one core at 100% load all the time. restarted, reinstalled...no changes
Keith Stanley
Getting hangs (Mouse moves on Fedora Core 21 system, but cannot type or select windows) and occasional crashes on Linux client. Just updated Fedora Core 21 on May 27th and Synergy to 17.3 on both host Windows 7 PC and Linux client. Crash is Memory Fault. Every time it enters the screen (have synergyc running in foreground in a window) it says entering screen, but will not allow selection of a window under linux and does not report leaving screen. If I wait long enough (1-2 minutes) without changing systems, it starts to work properly and will report leaving the system. Top does not report high CPU or memory usage. Any ideas what to log or try?
Niklas Modin
Hi all, Just upgraded (or rather tried to) to 1.7.3 on my linux client (Mint 16), but ran into some problems. When installing the package I get this error: "Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/m ... _amd64.deb 404 Not Found" And indeed, this file doesn't exist. There are many like it, but this one is missing. Any ideas, suggestions on how to proceed ? Cheers, Niklas
Dana Nickerson
I had high hopes for 1.7.3 but it is way too flaky. I'm running Linux Mint 17.1 as the server and client. The clipboard works for a couple of clips then Synergy crashes. I had to go back to 1.7.2 without SSL. Have not been able to get SSL to work at all. 1.6 was much more stable.
Niklas Modin
[quote="Niklas Modin"]Hi all, Just upgraded (or rather tried to) to 1.7.3 on my linux client (Mint 16), but ran into some problems. When installing the package I get this error: "Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/m ... _amd64.deb 404 Not Found" And indeed, this file doesn't exist. There are many like it, but this one is missing. Any ideas, suggestions on how to proceed ? Cheers, Niklas[/quote] Self quote here. I just went ahead and installed the closest version of the above library and I'm now a happy camper.
George Garner
I am also experiencing very high CPU loading. Synergyd.exe is a constant 50% loading on the server and 25% on the client. Will the next version fix this problem since this loading is making my system very sluggish and unhappy :cry: The server is running W7 32bit, the client W7 64bit George