Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy launch's, but with no gui.

Michael L Shooltz

I have been running synergy for years now since before it was a paid for application, and I have never ran into this one before.  After updating to v1.8.8 the gui will no longer open when I launch synergy, however the server launches fine in the background and it works fine.  Last time I set it up I used the gui editor and i did not save the config anywhere but now i wish to change the config slightly and cannot figure out how to do so.

Earlier today I did a full reinstall of synergy on my linux workstation here, and somehow it still loaded the old config and went right to running with no gui again..  I weny as far as to use updatedb and locate to remove every file on my workstation that had rpm in the name, after removing the rpm a second time and this hidden config is still present somewhere.

Any tips would be great.

My workstation: CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)

rpm installed: synergy-v1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2-Linux-x86_64.rpm

Michael L Shooltz

After much searching and reading the full strace output I figured out that synergy was reading a hidden config file located at "/home/mike/.config/Synergy/Synergy.conf" that had autohide set to true and was causing all of my problems.  When I initially searched for all the files to synergy, I never thought to search for files starting with a cap S.

if anyone else run into this check that file location.

• 3 years later...

Thank you so much!!!! I enabled autohide  by mistake.  I was going crazy trying to find out where the config file was at. Another thing I fixed there was the source IP of server I have new IP it was keep coming back with the old one.

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...