Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Connection Refused

No everything has stayed the same. Same wifi, checked the IP address, auto-configured client, added rules/permissions to the antivirus and firewall, restarted computer, restarted router, uninstalled and reinstalled new Synergy on both computers. Still nothing. 

• 1 year later...

I was experiencing the connection refused issue (Synergy 1.10.1-stable-8941241e / OS X 10.11.6 on server / OS X 10.12.6 on client). I found that disabling IPv6 on the client side resolved the issue.

The clue for me was the in the connection log, I could see that Synergy was resolving my "Wills-Mac-Pro.local" address to its IPv6 hexadecimal equivalent. As soon as I disabled ipv6 on the client side, Synergy resolved "Wills-Mac-Pro.local" to its decimal IPv4 equivalent and connected immediately. I didn't want to directly configure Synergy using fixed IP addresses as they are dynamically assigned via DHCP.

• 1 year later...
Peter Cornelius
On 2/26/2019 at 10:04 AM, willrice said:

I was experiencing the connection refused issue (Synergy 1.10.1-stable-8941241e / OS X 10.11.6 on server / OS X 10.12.6 on client). I found that disabling IPv6 on the client side resolved the issue.

The clue for me was the in the connection log, I could see that Synergy was resolving my "Wills-Mac-Pro.local" address to its IPv6 hexadecimal equivalent. As soon as I disabled ipv6 on the client side, Synergy resolved "Wills-Mac-Pro.local" to its decimal IPv4 equivalent and connected immediately. I didn't want to directly configure Synergy using fixed IP addresses as they are dynamically assigned via DHCP.

I was trying to connect Synergy 1.11.1-stable with an Ubuntu server and windows client.  The above was the problem but I was able to just use the IPV4 address of the server in the client config and it started working.