Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Beta 2.0 Not connecting or Not logging in

2 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

After installing it and testing that it works, can you try closing Synergy on both machines first before rebooting them @W8WCA?

This did not make any difference

Guest Andrew Nelless

@W8WCALooking at our connectivity data, it looks like 'deh-charlie' has never been able to successfully connect to any other screens, except on 2 occasions when it managed to connect to a screen called 'cygnus' at 192.168.0.14. 'centos7.dehowe.local' on the other hand is consistently able to connect to 'deh-charlie' on 192.168.0.103

Pressing F12 on 'deh-charlie' should force that machine to switch to server mode and allow you to control your CentOS machine but, unless we can figure out why you are unable connect the other way around, your CentOS machine will be unable to take control. (My suspicion would be a software firewall running on CentOS, perhaps try running 'sudo systemctl stop firewalld from a terminal).

We are looking to address these asymmetrical connectivity issues in the future by making the network topology a lot more flexible, but under the covers v2 currently still has a client-server architecture.

1 hour ago, Andrew Nelless said:

@W8WCALooking at our connectivity data, it looks like 'deh-charlie' has never been able to successfully connect to any other screens, except on 2 occasions when it managed to connect to a screen called 'cygnus' at 192.168.0.14. 'centos7.dehowe.local' on the other hand is consistently able to connect to 'deh-charlie' on 192.168.0.103

Pressing F12 on 'deh-charlie' should force that machine to switch to server mode and allow you to control your CentOS machine but, unless we can figure out why you are unable connect the other way around, your CentOS machine will be unable to take control. (My suspicion would be a software firewall running on CentOS, perhaps try running 'sudo systemctl stop firewalld from a terminal).

We are looking to address these asymmetrical connectivity issues in the future by making the network topology a lot more flexible, but under the covers v2 currently still has a client-server architecture.

deh-charlie = windows 10 , Centos7.dehowe.local is my Linux Server (Gateway - Router - Firewall), cygnus is a laptop

Just before I made that log Win 10 and linux were connected fine - Then per instructions I stopped both and re started them

While I can stop the firewalld - that stops conectivity as the Linux box is the gateway-router

I am a LOT more used to iptables than firewalld but I have made sure synergy is in there and it's port 24800 is open for internal network connections

By the way - I want to thank you all for hanging in there!

If you want to see it "in action" here is a photo I dropped on my personal web site

Monitors

I was not sure if a post with a photo was appropriate - so i did this link

Guest Andrew Nelless

Thanks for sharing that @W8WCA We hope to improve the auto-switching substantially as time rolls on, so F12 will eventually become unnecessary and be phased out. Stay tuned.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
12 hours ago, Andrew Nelless said:

Thanks for sharing that @W8WCA We hope to improve the auto-switching substantially as time rolls on, so F12 will eventually become unnecessary and be phased out. Stay tuned.

Correction: We will absolutely improve auto-switching... it'll be flawless!

• Like 1