Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

How to remove a renamed computer

alanaasmaa
42 minutes ago, Nick Bolton said:

Why are you guys so desperate to reset your cloud configs? What problem will it solve? Synergy will still work fine with the ghost computer.

It does not for me. I can control my pc's with my laptop. But i cant make my PC to server even when im hitting F12. I have tryed reinstall and also cleaned reqistery but nothing. 

When i start synergy on my laptop two computers light up. One ghost and one rightone. So i thought that this messes my config.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Ah, resetting the cloud config probably won't fix that. It's a bug. If it's stopping you from working, please downgrade to Synergy 1.

alanaasmaa
9 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Why are you guys so desperate to reset your cloud configs? What problem will it solve? Synergy will still work fine with the ghost computer.

I bought only v2, so i can't downgrade. But i will wait. Is there any timeline when this kind of problem might be fixed ?

watson.wang
14 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Ah, resetting the cloud config probably won't fix that. It's a bug. If it's stopping you from working, please downgrade to Synergy 1.

as product,  the cloud config should allowed and reseted by user. of course, few part can be reseted by user.  at least,after resetting the cloud config, i can continue test V2(unfortunate i can not continue now. :( ). others,  it can reduce maintenance work of the synergy team.

so i suggest: the cloud config system on web for the user and the maintenance.

why not get the physics address of network card for fix this bug?  just only wait for beta 3 or beta 4 or more version...

alanaasmaa
24 minutes ago, Nick Bolton said:

I've added Synergy 1 to both of your accounts. Please downgrade for the meantime. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you'd like a refund, please email: [email protected]

Thank you !

No i don't want the refund cause the software is not released and i love to be a tester and contribute !

• Like 1

I also am unable to downgrade to synergy 1 as I only bought 2, and since I added a 'ghost computer' none of the other computers are connecting.

Edited by Gabe Dunn
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
10 hours ago, Gabe Dunn said:

I also am unable to downgrade to synergy 1

Hey, I fixed this for you.

2 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Thank you so much. You guys have honestly some of the best customer support that I've ever seen.

I really appreciate the basic license to Synergy 1, however, SSL encryption is a must for me, so is there any way that I can pay the difference to upgrade the license to pro?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
16 hours ago, Gabe Dunn said:

Thank you so much. You guys have honestly some of the best customer support that I've ever seen.

I really appreciate the basic license to Synergy 1, however, SSL encryption is a must for me, so is there any way that I can pay the difference to upgrade the license to pro?

Ah, actually Synergy 2 doesn't yet have SSL. We're reimplementing it from the ground up to make it more seamless. This should be ready for beta5 or beta6. In the meantime please use Synergy 1 if you need SSL.

9 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Ah, actually Synergy 2 doesn't yet have SSL. We're reimplementing it from the ground up to make it more seamless. This should be ready for beta5 or beta6. In the meantime please use Synergy 1 if you need SSL.

Ok, that is what I will do. However, with the license that you added to my account, the basic tier, SSL isn't supported. I was asking if there was a way that I could pay the difference to upgrade to a pro license.

silvavinicius
On 23/08/2017 at 10:24 AM, Nick Bolton said:

Neither my desktop or my laptop connect to symless 2, they just loading forever without any error. There is any way to reset them? I bought only symless 2.

Youngkyu Song

FYI,

I have sample problem with my mac mini and MacBook pro.

several ghost computers are there, and I cannot connect the two macs.

One is online, but the other one is not connected to the sever. 

Before I have ghost computers, the client mac can connect to server mac, but no now.

I'm using 1.8, please fix this.

Thanks

• Nick Bolton locked this topic