Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

How to remove a renamed computer

I reinstalled Windows 10 in one of the two computers I use Synergy with. The other is an Ubuntu Mate 16.04: I reinstalled on the Win10 machine, leaving the Ubuntu machine intact. After that, a new box was created in the Synergy window, with the new machine name. I tried uninstalling Synergy in both machines, but it does not work. Synergy is not entirely purged either from Win10 or Ubuntu. Cannot do a fresh install or anything on any of these machines. Already been sending logs....

This is the screenshot. I need the "DESKTO..." labels to be removed and leave only the left most boxes. The "DESKTOP..." boxes are the previous version of my laptop, which appeared after I moved from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro. Cannot do this change via reinstalling or by modifying the .conf files either...

Thanks

Remove_rightmost(DESK).png

Edited by Rolando

Are the conf files backed up online? I cannot really modify them to fix this, so I'm assuming that there is some sort of central server, right?

Thanks

I also have an errant entry, but it's the same machine.  The "thunderbolt" label is the DNS name for the MacOS client.  The sjcwnhkx... label is the actual name of the Macbook.  Will there be a function to force configuration based on machine name instead of DNS, or maybe the possibility of combining both entries together?  

Capture.PNG

How can I start again with the software, clean slate? It seems there is some backup of the conf files somewhere, so uninstalling hasn't been effective.

Please you feedback. Thanks!

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

@Rolando Why do you want to install from a fresh state? This will not remove screens from your config as this is stored in the cloud. We will add a feature that allows you to remove screens in either beta3 or beta4 (coming out in a few weeks).

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
9 hours ago, jayvee said:

I also have an errant entry, but it's the same machine.  The "thunderbolt" label is the DNS name for the MacOS client.  The sjcwnhkx... label is the actual name of the Macbook.  Will there be a function to force configuration based on machine name instead of DNS, or maybe the possibility of combining both entries together?  

That's quite interesting, I haven't seen this before. I'll raise a bug and I'll see if we can reproduce this.

Could you take 2 screenshots of System Preferences for me? 1) Where you named the computer "thunderbolt", and 2) Where you named the computer "sjcwnhkx..."

This way I can be sure I'm reproducing the bug accurately.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
3 minutes ago, Rolando said:

Could you remove my profile from the cloud instead? I'd like to try a fresh start.

@Andrew Nelless Could you please reset Rolando's cloud config?

Gabe Dunn

Would you be able to reset my cloud config as well? I tried adding a laptop on arch linux a while ago (extract .rpm and run the binaries) and ever since i've signed in none of the other computers are connecting. Even after I closed the laptop one, it still isn't working for the one on Windows 10 and macOS Sierra.

Gabe Dunn

@Paul Suarez ok thank you :)

Also, is there ever going to be a generic linux or arch linux package that I can use? Don't want to mess anything up by running the .rpm version again.

Guest Andrew Nelless
17 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

@Andrew Nelless How about an Arch Linux package on the website?

As much as I'd like to do this personally, since I use Arch myself, I don't think we can consider it a priority vs RPM & DEB. When we're closer to a stable release we can invest in delving in to buildbot and setting up our own Arch package repository to get it done.

The maintenance burden is quite high. With Arch, being a rolling release, binary compatibility can be broken by any number of system libraries at any time.

watson.wang
On 2017/7/12 at 3:23 PM, Nick Bolton said:

@Rolando Why do you want to install from a fresh state? This will not remove screens from your config as this is stored in the cloud. We will add a feature that allows you to remove screens in either beta3 or beta4 (coming out in a few weeks).

i got the same problem too, and now synergy 2 can not work, it can not get any connected, it is so bad when you know i am working whit 3st computers... can you reset my cloud config?thank you,  i can not lost synergy when woking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Why are you guys so desperate to reset your cloud configs? What problem will it solve? Synergy will still work fine with the ghost computer.

• Nick Bolton locked this topic