Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

[Bug] Hotkeys Issue

Hello,

I have recently started using Synergy and very please by it compared to competitors.
However when I try setting up hotkeys the way I normally would, it doesn't function as expected..

As it is possible to add more than one action to a single hotkey I added: switchToScreen(1) 
And then I added lockCursorToScreen

However the lockCursorToScreen command apparently fails to register, tried changing switching the order, doing it on other computer and with other server with no luck what so ever.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Signing off,
cyph0rg.

Paul Suarez

I have managed to make it work. Though I'm getting a warning that it failed to register a key, it still worked. Here's how I did it.

Alt+1 hotkey
1st action: switch to screen going to server performed when the hotkey is pressed
2nd action: click on "only on these screens" first, choose the client's screen. Then tick on the radio button for "Lock cursor to screen" set it to OFF and action performed when the hotkey is pressed
3rd action:  click on "only on these screens" first, choose the server's screen. Then tick on the radio button for "Lock cursor to screen" set it to ON and action performed when the hotkey is released

Alt + 2 hotkey
1st action: switch to screen going to client performed when the hotkey is pressed
2nd action: click on "only on these screens" first, choose the server's screen. Then tick on the radio button for "Lock cursor to screen" set it to OFF and action performed when the hotkey is pressed
3rd action:  click on "only on these screens" first, choose the client's screen. Then tick on the radio button for "Lock cursor to screen" set it to ON and action performed when the hotkey is released

Additionally, set Alt + 3 as locking cursor to screen functioning as "toggle" when hotkey is pressed