Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2.0?

@Nick Bolton I should probably start reading emails better, I bought Synergy 1 a very very long time ago, saw the email for 2 and coughed up some cash immediately without realising I have a lifetime sub... any chance of a refund? :P

Cracking app though, a lifesaver at home and at work..

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
13 minutes ago, Mad3813 said:

Nope, its one of the most useful applications I've ever found and its not expensive and I'm more than happy to support the company and future product development.

Thanks!

Ian Brigo-Hansen

What about basic Synergy users? That was my original question, and I don't feel like it had been answered. I bought Synergy while it still promised the lifetime acces.

GranPaSmurf

What would you be willing to pay? I remember that years ago I, when Synergy was still free and I assumed it was a one-man, part time project, I sent a message to Nick that he should charge for the program. 

I was getting so much good use of Synergy that I told him I would pay up to $200 for it. Now living on Social Security, I doubt I'd stick with that. 

Suppose Synergy meets all the development goals they have set for themselves. Cross-platform, set up(which is just installing it)  and forget it. Not a yearly license, a purchase. What is it worth? 

Pie in the sky, everything works as intended, what would you pay? 

• Like 1

Bought Synergy pro 1 yesterday and struggled to get it to work. After several hours of opening firewalls and configuration, it finally worked but was very laggy on my mac client. My teeth grinding a bit, I bought the beta and thankfully it connected immediately and self-configured. Its working really great so far - very snappy performance. 

• Like 1

@Nick Bolton I'm concerned about your comment on this thread:

At the bottom of that comment you put:

Actually, that's already the case, but we'll be making SSL a Basic feature, and moving some of the Basic features to Pro (to be announced).

I'm not a Pro user, I've never needed the SSL encryption that Pro provided, therefore, I had no real incentive to grab Synergy 2.0 Pro for cheap when the Beta emails came out.  I looked on the forum and saw you had stated many times that you are committed to those of us that bought Basic with lifetime access so I there was no value in the Beta for me.  

However, having just seen your comment (above) my concern is that after you release 2.0 at full price I'll find out that a feature I do use has left Basic, is only in Pro and I'll have missed the boat on the cheap price.  Are you planning to announce the difference in features, with a similar pricing to the Beta offer, as an upgrade option before the launch? I'm a lightweight user so I could probably justify twenty or thirty quid (thirty at a stretch) on a piece of software I use sparingly but for fifty notes, I'd just opt to burn more calories and switch input devices.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
21 hours ago, krbuck said:

Bought Synergy pro 1 yesterday and struggled to get it to work. After several hours of opening firewalls and configuration, it finally worked but was very laggy on my mac client. My teeth grinding a bit, I bought the beta and thankfully it connected immediately and self-configured. Its working really great so far - very snappy performance. 

Love this.

On 9/15/2017 at 0:34 PM, Nick Bolton said:

Sure, no problem. Please email: [email protected]

Hi Nick!

I have to say, as a Synergy user since 2011, I also jumped to purchase Synergy 2 for the $5 as soon as I saw your e-mail. I would like to mention that I truly appreciate the way you are going about this and although I initially thought that I would like a refund, I respect what you are doing and I would love to support you in any way. With that being said, I don't feel the need to request a refund.

Although, I can't seem to get the Synergy 2.0 Beta to work. Hmm. I'll keep using 1.8 for now!

Cheers, 

• Like 1

Although, I can't seem to get the Synergy 2.0 Beta to work. Hmm. I'll keep using 1.8 for now!

Edit: Pressing f12 fixed it for me. I guess without any instructions I was lost, but reading the forums has helped me out. 

Cheers, 

Edited by x64
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/09/2017 at 7:52 AM, Nick Bolton said:

Don't worry, lifetime access will be honored for those who have it. It's only early access that you have to pay for. If you don't want to pay to use it now, then you'll have to wait.

4 minutes ago, Kelvin Tran said:

"What I can say, is that Synergy 2 won't be free for lifetime access customers in November"

It may be free in early 2018, but not right after production launches. We don't know what that plan is for early 2018.

@Matt S So no, this is not a contradiction. It will NOT be free at release.

Back to the cash grab huh?

• Like 1
Kelvin Tran
9 minutes ago, Matt S said:

Back to the cash grab huh?

If you don't want to pay, don't!

They're not going to bend their payment policies for a vocal minority (I don't think, at least). If you're not satisfied, [email protected].

However, please don't clobber the forums with accusations of this operation being a "cash grab". How else do you think these guys'll get paid? Resources, time, and staff aren't free. Put your money where your mouth is and pay if you think it's worth it. There is literally NO point to complaining about a ripoff on these forums. The only thing you'll get back is a bunch of people saying the same thing I am, just in perhaps a much ruder manner. I'm telling you this now, pay if you wanna pay, or don't. That simple. Keep using what you have and wait to see what'll happen, or be proactive.

I am almost so darn near tired of this, I think I'll make a post about this or an edit and pin it.

Edited by Kelvin Tran
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Kelvin Tran said:

If you don't want to pay, don't!

They're not going to bend their payment policies for a vocal minority (I don't think, at least). If you're not satisfied, [email protected].

However, please don't clobber the forums with accusations of this operation being a "cash grab". How else do you think these guys'll get paid? Resources, time, and staff aren't free. Put your money where your mouth is and pay if you think it's worth it. There is literally NO point to complaining about a ripoff on these forums. The only thing you'll get back is a bunch of people saying the same thing I am, just in perhaps a much ruder manner. I'm telling you this now, pay if you wanna pay, or don't. That simple. Keep using what you have and wait to see what'll happen, or be proactive.

I am almost so darn near tired of this, I think I'll make a post about this or an edit and pin it.

The 'Lifetime access' Was yanked from the page and replaced with a 'Synergy 1 Lifetime Access'.

@Nick Bolton said that long term users of Synergy would get Synergy 2 after this was pointed out, then you change the tune after putting the price of synergy 2 up...

Kelvin Tran
Just now, Matt S said:

The 'Lifetime access' Was yanked from the page and replaced with a 'Synergy 1 Lifetime Access'.

@Nick Bolton said that long term users of Synergy would get Synergy 2 after this was pointed out, then you change the tune after putting the price of synergy 2 up...

I'm not changing anything! I am pointing out what Nick says and providing my interpretation. If that doesn't satisfy you, there's not much else I can do but unfollow and ignore this topic.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 01/10/2017 at 9:31 PM, Matt S said:

Don't worry. Those who bought with lifetime access still have lifetime access. You're clearly very excited to get Synergy 2, which is awesome!

Good things come to those who wait. Thanks for your patience!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nick Bolton said:

Don't worry. Those who bought with lifetime access still have lifetime access. You're clearly very excited to get Synergy 2, which is awesome!

Good things come to those who wait. Thanks for your patience!

Can you tell me why Matt S was banned?