Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse clicks on client not working

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrP

• Paul Suarez

• Nick Bolton

• Nothing To See Here

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I paid my $ and upgraded to Synergy 2.0.2-stable. It is very cool -- no configuration necessary: after signing in to my Symless account on both machines they automatically found each other. The best p

Nick I strongly suggest you get your support people over here. The community has been very good at documenting the issues.

It's a general discussion forum. You've made your opinion clear. Feel free to enjoy the competing product, but please don't make unsubstantiated claims against Synergy. If it's actually working 10% of

Posted Images

sorry you're having the same problem, Issac. no fix here, still doing the same thing and I've updated to the latest version :(

I'm still thinking about a discount for the constant problems I'm having with this, I might have to escalate it.

mrP

I'm also having this issue. The clicking stops working on the Client from time to time.

• Server: Windows Server 2016
  • Client: Windows 10
  • Synergy version: 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2

I'm using workaround - "Holding down the left mouse button on the server and then releasing it on the client". This seems to fix problem for few minutes, then it breaks again.

Could you please advice?

Edited by RobertX
Added more info.

I have the same issue with 1.8.8 for more than 5 months.

both machines are running Windows 10. Client machine is laptop with single monitor (1920x1080). Server machine is machine with two monitors (2560x1440 and 1920x1080).

Mouse clicks and clipboard sharing stop randomly working. And it is annoying as hell. Stoping/Starting server synergy helps for a while. 

Please fix this.

seems this problem is annoying lots of people, and we shouldn't have to put up with it. there should be a solution to it by now! and I agree it's VERY annoying,

I often "forget" about the problem and just think the PC is slow, or that it's my fault for not clicking properly/or missing the icon - then I remember that's it not my PC or me

...it's synergy :( - this wastes time and is a pain too. please fix it!

is anyone from support reading these messages anymore? ANYONE?

regards,

mrP

Justin Ashworth

I've been able to reproduce this consistently.  Below is a screenshot of the logs on DEBUG1.  Server is JustinWin8 (Windows10) and justin-Lemur is Ubuntu (17.10)  Simply move cursor to client computer and idle for ~2 minutes.  Click will become deactivated.  Moving to server screen and back resets and allows clicks to occur.

image.png.4bcbacadf81048b4d7d9a3abe1041911.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Matt Dennis

Same issue, very annoying. Issue occurs with this setup - Server: Windows 10 Pro, Client: Windows 7 Pro

The issue does not occur if I flip the roles.

having the same problem too. my main system connects and the secondary hangs. progress bar skips and doesnt connect. Is there a step by step guide for 2.1? 

Also i can't send my logs

hmm, they are now offering me a discount on the next version? even tho I (and others) are struggling to use the current one? madness!

I received an email offering me a discount for version 2! please note...

YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR CURRENT VERSION WORKS FIRST!!!

I am going to give it about a week, and then I will be asking questions, I am so unhappy with this software (the idea is great) it just doesn't work properly!

hopefully I am not alone,

mrP

James Weissman

I paid my $ and upgraded to Synergy 2.0.2-stable. It is very cool -- no configuration necessary: after signing in to my Symless account on both machines they automatically found each other. The best part is that with Synergy 1, I had to VPN from my "client" machine because the primary machine is on a different network. Synergy 2 solved that and worked without the VPN.

However, after locking both machines (both Windows 10) and returning from lunch, I could no longer mouse into the client. There is, effectively, no interface on the Synergy program, just an image of the computers that can you re-arrange. So, I had to open up Windows services and manually restart the Synergy service on the main machine. That fixed it. So, same problem; sort of the same solution but it requires more steps.

Edited by James Weissman
left out a sentence
  • Like 1
On 9/28/2017 at 10:48 AM, davidm said:

So I realized I was still on 1.8.7 with my above mentioned experience. I updated to 1.8.8 and the notification coming through on the server breaking the mouse clicks on the client seems to be solved.

Will use 1.8.8 for a while to see if I at any point experience what you guys do.

Just an update on this. I do still have the problem where the mouse movement works on the client but no clicks register. It seemed to work OK for a while but the issue is still there.

Opening and closing Task Manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) does somehow make it work again.

Any Synergy Devs read the forums?

I have the same click problem. Version 1 or new version 2, the problem persists.

My temp workaround: click on taskbar (yes, just click on taskbar) on server computer and it works (for a few minutes).

Win10 in both computers
- Problem happens even with no antivirus/firewall
- Ethernet connection

I can't believe symless are pushing version 2 of their software when so maybe people are still having problems with the previous version, and from what I've read here, version 2 isn't any better :(

we need this fixing! if it wasn't for the fact that I sold/gave away the keyboards and mice I was using prior to installing synergy, I would be demanding a FULL REFUND.

as I've said here before, the idea is great. it's just a shame about the bugs that make it infuriating to use. so many times I can't operate a client PC because it's in a state that doesn't allow synergy to work, and I have to go find/borrow a mouse to get back up and running.

I've had problems with this since day ONE, also I paid for the version with encryption but if I enable it, it doesn't work AT ALL - I get no movement or interaction whatsoever so I have to disable it, they other day actually, I had to re-install it because it wasn't working - no settings were changed but I had no control on the client machine. I got it working again but it was more of a pain than it usually is :(

I think we need to get together and maybe put in a joint complaint as (it seems) nobody is from the support dept. are listening to us anymore :(

mrP

I've replied to this thread before, but wanted to chime in again that the problem still affects me all the time in v1.8.8, though for me it is a simple matter just moving the mouse back and forth between client and server once to get client mouse clicks working again.  With a lot of people apparently having a very hard time with v2, if it works at all, I don't have any incentive to pay to upgrade to v2 just to be an alpha tester.  I paid for v1, and rely on this software daily for my work.  But at this point, I'm seriously considering paying for ShareMouse rather than Synergy 2, since ShareMouse seems to be much more stable from what I've read.  ShareMouse supports Windows and Mac, but not Linux, but for me at least that isn't a limitation.

thanks for replying again, Tim.

I too use Synergy in a work-related scenario, it's very useful to be able to switch seamlessly to different computers to use their resources but Synergy just doesn't work well enough to allow it. I've not heard of ShareMouse before, so I will have to look into it (I'm also not a Linux user).

regards,

mrP 

I AM SO ANNOYED AT THIS PIECE OF SH*T SOFTWARE !

it's not working at all now after the "fall creators update" in Windows 10 - as soon as both PCs "connect" the mouse pointer vanishes, and I have no control at all. really $%£$%£$ OFF
I don't have the time to try any longer to get them to work, I can't see anything obvious that should be stopping it (everything seems fine and hasn't changed).

I am slowly getting more and more impatient with this software, and the developers don't seem to care?

I will shout out once more here...

ARE ANY DEVELOPERS OF SYNERGY READING THESE COMMENTS? IF SO THEN PLEASE RESPOND!!
                                                                                                                                          -----------------------

regards,

mrP

I don't know what I can even say about this...

This software is defective. I can't work this way. I have bought licence 1 year ago. Same crap. 

If I could I would demand refund.

Not a single reply from developer.

• 3 months later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 12/7/2017 at 10:06 PM, PJani said:

If I could I would demand refund.

You can absolutely get a refund. But why would you say that here on the forums instead of asking us? Is the contact link on our website not clear enough?

4 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

You can absolutely get a refund. But why would you say that here on the forums instead of asking us? Is the contact link on our website not clear enough?

Well, I am pretty sure poster demanded refund here to get your attention!

Same issue since version 1 and still not fixed in version 2 !

Can we get refunds for both versions 1 and 2?

Or will eventually be a fix sometime soon?