Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse clicks on client not working

z3razerviper

Hello Nick. I think its because symless is coming across as not listening to its customers these problems have been going on forever and nothing has been fixed....we are frustrated.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrP

• Paul Suarez

• Nick Bolton

• Nothing To See Here

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I paid my $ and upgraded to Synergy 2.0.2-stable. It is very cool -- no configuration necessary: after signing in to my Symless account on both machines they automatically found each other. The best p

Nick I strongly suggest you get your support people over here. The community has been very good at documenting the issues.

It's a general discussion forum. You've made your opinion clear. Feel free to enjoy the competing product, but please don't make unsubstantiated claims against Synergy. If it's actually working 10% of

Posted Images

Nothing To See Here
5 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

You can absolutely get a refund. But why would you say that here on the forums instead of asking us? Is the contact link on our website not clear enough?

Wow.... 

I am genuinely shocked by this response from a 'CEO'

Developers raised from the dead to throw stones at their customers...

Why not address the issue, explain why its happening and why its been ignored or not been possible to fix for close to a year.

7 minutes ago, z3razerviper said:

Hello Nick. I think its because symless is coming across as not listening to its customers these problems have been going on forever and nothing has been fixed....we are frustrated.

Frustrated is the kindest word here. When the figurehead of the company comes across as impatient, rude and condescending how can they expect their customers to be patient, polite and understanding. 

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

I’m so sorry, I really didn’t mean to offend you. Did you not want a refund? I want to understand why you’re asking other users how to get a refund rather than asking us. Do we need to make it easier for you to contact us? Have you tried to get help from our support team yet? We really want to help you. Please could you contact us directly so we can help? https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

I'm with Nick here. Seems to me this vilification is taking on a life of its own. Let's keep it professional, not personal; if there's some chunk of information about the product that we're not expressing clearly, then please help us to understand that, and if you want a refund... it seems the procedure is clearly stated; if that's not the case, then again, please help us understand how we should improve it.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 3/30/2018 at 3:17 PM, z3razerviper said:

You're talking about the bug where sometimes clicks don't register on clients? It's a tricky one. I'd love to hear the end of this one. Our support team very rarely hears about the issue from customers, and we've been trying to reproduce the bug in-house for a while with no success. It's frustrating, I know, to experience a bug that has been around for a while that's not getting prioritized because not many people experience it. We do intend to get to this issue once the more highly demanded fixes have been addressed. Please understand that we have to focus on making the majority happy first.

I have this software licence now for almost three years. Since 30.12.2015 actually. I am using it as a daily driver. If I wanted i would contact you about refund, but as previously stated I am using it a lot and i have it almost for 3 years.

My main gripe with this was that nobody would at least reply from your side. Nothing else.

Its painful and frustrating that i need to restart server or client to get it working properly. Because a lot of times copy/paste or randomly stop clicks stop working while I am in a middle of something. It happens a lot in an hour or two.
If you let cursor out of the screen while server displays UAC dialog your mouse will get locked and frozen in client - only way to get this one working is by using client mouse/keyboard to restart the client.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
29 minutes ago, PJani said:

My main gripe with this was that nobody would at least reply from your side. Nothing else.

Oh, these forums are for the user community. Have you contacted our support team yet? If you do that, you’ll absolutely get a response:

https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

As a small company, we don’t have the resources to respond to all forum posts, but we do have the resources to respond to all support tickets. Please could you raise one?

z3razerviper

Nick I strongly suggest you get your support people over here. The community has been very good at documenting the issues.

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
19 hours ago, z3razerviper said:

Actually @Sarah Hebert and @Steve Williams were already aware of this thread. They can’t reply because they’re extremely busy fixing issues that occur for more users. Sadly this thread hasn’t provided any further information that we didn’t know already, and incidentally it’s very time consuming and frustrating to read to digest too because of the vitriol.

Wild idea, has anyone been able to reproduce this bug on a VM? Perhaps someone could send us a VM image of a machine where this has been reproduced? The hardest part about solving a bug is always reproducing it in the first place...

z3razerviper

Nick I am sorry but I would hardly call this forum vitriol. Yes people are annoyed but that is to be expected when they are having longstanding ongoing issues. 

• 2 weeks later...
GranPaSmurf

Just for a little perspective.

Thousands of people are using Synergy 2.x.x successfully. I am one.

Perhaps the 'junk' you are experiencing is somewhere else in your setup.

Have you submitted a support ticket? Do you have a question for the Synergy users on this forum?

Nothing To See Here
9 minutes ago, GranPaSmurf said:

Just for a little perspective.

Thousands of people are using Synergy 2.x.x successfully. I am one.

Perhaps the 'junk' you are experiencing is somewhere else in your setup.

Have you submitted a support ticket? Do you have a question for the Synergy users on this forum?

Just for a little self awareness https://symless.com/forums/forum/17-general-discussion/ the forums you volenter on are awash with unhappy clients complaining about connection problems, the lack of features missing from the laffable "new" version and the what comes across as condesending support replys.

Why not open up a new channel of the forums for bugs so you can separate general chatter from bugs.

There is a backlash from people who have tried to adopt 2.0 but the reply is always "2.1" or the reasons why the company have chosen to ignore current users to try and make some dumbed down version of the tool for people who are not power users. 

It is so asinine to say "I don't have a problem so it must be you" 

Edited by Nothing To See Here
Nothing To See Here
Just now, GranPaSmurf said:

So, you are saying you don't have a question for us?

Have you submitted your logs to support?

My point exactly. You say post to support but then ask if I have a question. Is this a forum for support or a forum for general discussion? Because the title says general discussion. My replies to this thread were not directed at you. It was a discussion that you have felt the need to jump on to try and lambast my POV.

It's a general discussion forum. You've made your opinion clear. Feel free to enjoy the competing product, but please don't make unsubstantiated claims against Synergy. If it's actually working 10% of the time (whatever that means) and you want to help correct that problem, please file a ticket as GPS suggested, and provide the troubleshooting information Support needs to help you. Otherwise, have a good day, and we'll see you on the competing product forum.

• Thanks 1
Nothing To See Here

25-Funny-Salty-meme-9.png

They are not unsubstantiated claims, my experience of the product is my experience. If you want I can run through the forums and find all the bug topics? Then I can substantiate my claims based on other peoples experiences too.

I'm sure you experienced what you experienced. I'm just wondering how you derived that "10%" figure. Did one of out 10 mouse clicks register? Did one of 10 mouse moves succeed? Did one of 10 keystrokes succeed? 

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
11 hours ago, Nothing To See Here said:

My point exactly. You say post to support but then ask if I have a question. Is this a forum for support or a forum for general discussion? Because the title says general discussion. My replies to this thread were not directed at you. It was a discussion that you have felt the need to jump on to try and lambast my POV.

Would you mind contacting our support team? We'd genuinely like to understand what problem you're actually experiencing. Once we understand your problem, then we can give you a solution. Thanks! 

Contact support: https://symless.com/contact/customer-support