Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Server Config problem

As I turn on the server (iMac - OS X El Capitan V 10.11.6, 3.2 GHz i5 ; client is Lenovo Windows 10, 64-bit, connected to server via Wi-Fi), Synergy (latest version downloaded 3 days ago) attempts to start but I keep getting this window message "You have not filled in a valid configuration file for the synergy server. Do you want to browse for the configuration file now? No Yes". If I click No (the highlighted option), the window appears again and again. If I click Yes I can't find the file  \Users\Artista\synergy.conf. I rebooted iMac with same results. I am attaching pic of screen. Cannot quit Synergy. Same happens on client. Should I reinstall Synergy and reconfigure everything? It was all working fine on Friday... Thanks.

synergy.jpg

• Like 1
Paul Suarez

Hi @DRussell. Were you been able to make it work prior to getting that prompt? If not, please uninstall it and download a fresh Synergy installer. If you'd be able to re-install it, make sure to choose Configure Interactively if you don't want to configure it using manual configuration (configuration file).

After installation, you can check Getting started with Synergy for steps on how to configure it initially.

Let us know how it works. ;)

Hi Paul,

Same issue here. It was working great up until today. Now it keeps giving me the same thing over and over that @Drussell has. I to cannot find the .conf file.

I've uninstalled then downloaded the newest version of the dmg. Reinstalled with the same problem I've done this three times now. My windows computer sees my Mac just fine. 

I'm running OS X Sierra 10.12.5 I've attached a picture of the problem and specs. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 7.56.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 8.03.04 PM 1.png

@DRussell , I figured it out!

I decided to create my own dummy .conf file using the OS X text editor. I saved the file to my desktop and then renamed the extension to .conf. I then clicked yes and pointed it to this file. 

It stopped asking me for the config file, of course, Synergy still didn't work. But, then I was able to click on Configure interactively. I didn't notice at first, but Client (use another computers' mouse) wasn't checked, and Auto Config was pointing at the local IP address, not my Windows computer. 

Voila, I'm typing this message with my favorite Windows keyboard on my Mac. 

I hope this help you. 

@Paul Suarez I have been out of the office working thru laptop so I could not work on this issue. I have just downloaded another version of the software, will install on Mac, reconfigure the whole thing, and see how it works. Will let you know. Thx!

@Paul Suarez I have re-installed Synergy on both Mac (server) and Windows Laptop (client). I noticed there was a problem with the client name. I renamed it. Re-installed software on laptop, and it is all working properly now. Let's hope it stays the same once I shut everything down (which is when things went crazy last time). Thanks!

Happiness was not long lasting. Synergy is running on both but not working on Windows laptop. Will have to give up for now :-(. 

• 3 years later...
tehlavender

I had this same issue.   Each time my MacBook Pro would wake up, this dialog box would be there and Synergy would not start back up completely. I would have to open my laptop and click No.

To fix this all I did was:

Switch to Server, check Configure Interactively, switch back to Client. I stopped and started Synergy and the dialog box did not show up. This was about a week ago and it has not come back since then.