Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy over BlueTooth

There are situations where a Laptop and a Desktop may not be on the same network for various reasons. It would be nice to allow synergy to communicate over BlueTooth.  For example I work in a secured facility and I bring my personal laptop to the office but it is not allowed and would not connect over the LAN, its allowed on the personal device network but that network is isolated.  So if I used Bluetooth then I could leverage the keyboard/mouse functionality of Synergy.

• 2 weeks later...
Samuel Tønnessen

Assuming you're on Windows 10 (don't know how this translates to other versions or OSes), right click the Bluetooth tray icon, choose "Join a Personal Area Network", right click the machine you want to connect to, hover "Connect using >" and click "Direct connection". This should accomplish your goal by creating a local network using Bluetooth.

Mind updating me how well this works out? I'm curious, considering how low bandwidth Bluetooth yields.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I would also be interested in bluetooth, but to be able to connect to alternate devices (Android TV).  I saw a similar software offers this (http://www.acrosscenter.com/), although I have not tried it.  Maybe this is something Synergy can bring over - would be a great addition, and would open it to maybe more clients.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
carbonatd

Hi, can you please tell me what version of Synergy you are running?  I have a BT PAN established between my two machines, one is on a wired work domain, the other is a personal laptop on unsecured guest wifi, both are running Win 10 and Synergy 2.0.9.  Synergy sees the two machines, but I cannot share mouse/kb functions between the two devices.  Is there some setting I need to configure to allow Synergy to use the BT connection?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

+1 Synergy over Bluetooth.

I have 1 Mac in isolated network (static route and split tunnel not allowed) and 1 Mac in normal network.

Quick fix: Use 2 ethernet adopters on both Mac and get them directly connected but this only works for 2 hosts.

Tried Across but I hate subscription software, it should work.

Tried Typeeto it works but only for keyboard, mouse is not included.

Aten CS533 may be easier but it's hardware solution.