Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse working, but not keyboard

@eddie Thank you so much for the information and workaround! This issue has been bothering me for quite some time and drastically increase the frequency I restart my Mac.

• 7 months later...

I'm really glad I found this thread. The keyboard would just stop working on my client (both server & client are Mac) and the pid holding the securesession was indeed the login console. Instead of killing it, I just locked the server screen and then unlocked it again. (in my case using fingerprint) When I re-ran the "ioreg -l -w 0|grep SecureInput" command it was no longer being held by login window. I then confirmed that keyboard is working on my client machine again.

Hope this helps.

Server OS is 10.15.7 (the server seems to be the issue)

Synergy on server is 1.13.0-stable-863f70a5

P.S. - Great app. Love it.

I found a better workaround for me whenever SecureInput on the Mac is the problem (earlier posts). If it is something like 1Password, than just kill that and it usually works. But if it's the Console Login process, it's a bit inconvenient in that it  logs you out and kills all your windows, which is better than a reboot but causes a bit of a hassle to restart things.

Instead, if I just force a screen saver desktop lock, then relogin in, it clears up the Console Login hold. I then am able to go on my merry way without having to reconfig anything else. 

Hope you have better luck with this.

• 2 years later...

2023 and I have this issue but my setup is a bit unique. 

I'm running a thinclient as the host/server that I use to connect to an Azure Virtual Desktop (type RDP session). When the RDP session is in full screen, my client macbook pro can use the mouse but not the keyboard. If I put my azure virtual desktop session in window mode keyboard works. 

The odd thing is sometimes it works fine then it suddenly starts up again and only the mouse works. I checked for SecureInput but that isn't the case for me. Hopefully reviving this thread someone has a fix. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team

@AyyDot It appears that the RDP session is keeping hold of the keyboard when it is open in full screen instead of the keyboard transitioning with the mouse cursor as expected, could you navigate to the 'Miscellaneous' section in Synergy 3 and disable the option "Take foreground window" which should resolve this issue.

• Thanks 1
On 9/22/2023 at 9:28 AM, Feras said:

@AyyDot It appears that the RDP session is keeping hold of the keyboard when it is open in full screen instead of the keyboard transitioning with the mouse cursor as expected, could you navigate to the 'Miscellaneous' section in Synergy 3 and disable the option "Take foreground window" which should resolve this issue.

Confirmed working after making the change. Thanks a lot!