Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Xubuntu -> Xubuntu Link issue with german keyboard layout.

Johannes Frank
On 4.7.2017 at 1:59 AM, Paul Suarez said:

Have you tried setting both machine's keyboard layout to QWERTZ German to check if it behaves more stable than having it on a QWERTY layout?

Hello!

I'm a bit confused regarding that question. Both machines are set to de-latin-nodeadkeys, which is a QWERTZ Keyboard. Kindly refer to:

On 26.6.2017 at 6:38 PM, Johannes Frank said:

Hey @Paul Suarez! Yes this is correct, Both Systems have en_US as System language and de_DE as Keyboard layout. Specifically "Romanian (Germany, eliminate dead keys)"

Keyboard model is "Generic 105-key (Intl) PC" in both cases.

And

On 26.6.2017 at 8:37 PM, Johannes Frank said:

"Romanian Germany eliminate dead keys" is a QWERTZ Layout.

I don't really know what you mean with keyboard layout preview, Will  have to search for that, give me a second.

It's also the only keyboard layout I have active on both machines.

I must be honest, I forgot the exact reason why I chose "German | Romanian (Germany, eliminate dead keys)" over "German | Germany (eliminate dead keys)" as keyboard layout. I will try out using German | Germany (eliminate dead keys) and report back to you.

Still, the keyboard layout I was using up until now (Romanian, Germany, eliminate dead keys) most definitely is a QWERTZ Layout, since I'm using it for years now and everytime I press the letter "Z" on my QWERTZ Keyboard, a "Z" appeared on my screen ;)

• 1 year later...

Running into the same issue of umlauts not beeing available on the client. Using Ubuntu as Client and Winows as Server. Just bought the programm today and im rather unimpressed right now...