Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Connectivity Error: Could not get session id for process id

Adam Feldvary

I am having an issue connecting to my work laptop which on the client side states that it cannot connect to the server.  On the server side, I am getting: ERROR: could not get session id for process id #####.  I verified that the server IP is correct on the client side and I have removed both the server and client from the interactive configuration.

Log from server:

[2017-05-08T10:06:38] INFO: starting new process

[2017-05-08T10:06:38] INFO: activeDesktop:Default

[2017-05-08T10:06:38] ERROR: could not get session id for process id 12888

[2017-05-08T10:06:38] INFO: starting new process

[2017-05-08T10:06:38] INFO: drag and drop enabled

[2017-05-08T10:06:38] NOTE: started server, waiting for clients

[2017-05-08T10:06:38] INFO: watchdog status: ok

Paul Suarez

Hi @Adam Feldvary. Although your client is looking for the server on the right network, the server still is not looking for the client using a manual way. Since your server has multiple network adapters enabled, it could still be looking for the client on a different network. The best thing to do for this is to temporarily disable the other network adapters before launching Synergy. Once it connects, you can re-enable the other network adapters that you need.

Adam Feldvary

i only have one adapter enabled and my vpn is turned off.  Is there a way to isolate which adapter it uses?

Untitled.png

Paul Suarez

That's weird. Can your try and determine the source of the IP addresses as shown on your server's interface?

Adam Feldvary

They are from other adapters not currently in use.  I disabled them in device manager but I'm still getting the same error of 'could not get session id..."

Paul Suarez

@Adam FeldvaryAfter disabling them, try to restart the Synergy app on both machines. If it still won't work. try restarting both machines and make sure that other adapters are still disabled before launching/starting Synergy.

Adam Feldvary

Paul,

I forgot that since they were in two different subnets they could not talk to one another.  I got an 8-port switch, rewired everything, and that solved my issue so both wired and wireless reside on the same subnet.  Thank you for your assistance.

Edited by Adam Feldvary
  • 1 year later...
Poolczar

I am having this issue now also.  I've disabled all but my wireless adapter, yet am still getting the [2018-06-01T09:56:03] ERROR: could not get session id for process id 12496

Has anyone found a solution?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 6/1/2018 at 5:59 PM, Poolczar said:

I am having this issue now also.  I've disabled all but my wireless adapter, yet am still getting the [2018-06-01T09:56:03] ERROR: could not get session id for process id 12496

Has anyone found a solution?

Welcome to the forums! Quick reminder, you can contact the Synergy Team for direct support:

https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

Or, if you'd rather get help here on the forums, that's fine too. When posting, please make sure you share your log links for all of your computers:

https://symless.com/forums/topic/5765-synergy-1-how-to-upload-your-logs/

Often people can only help you troubleshoot if you share your log links. Please make sure you share only the actual log links (not the log file contents).