Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 - Mouse pointer goes back to the server machine's desktop frequently

Hello Paul,

Thanks, I did not know that v1.9 was available.

However, using the link you provided, I only see a version for 64 bit machines. I've been running 64bit and 32bit machines, the 32 because it’s necessary for running legacy software for my work. Is there a 32bit version available?

Thank you,

Tcgeo

Paul Suarez

Hi @tcgeo. We're still working on the 32 bit version installers for v1.9. Please check that thread momentarily. The 32 bit version will be added there once ready.^_^

• 7 months later...

Was there ever a solution for this?

I was using version 2.x, but that was buggy and the mouse would get stuck at the edge of the screen, windows would flash, and it was constantly disconnecting and reconnecting.  I submitted a support request and my logs concerning that problem and was never given a solution.

So I reverted back to a version 1.x - I just downloaded the default one from synergy's website, and it turned out to be 1.8.8-stable (built on march 16 2017).  Now I'm having the same problem you're describing - I go to move my mouse over from my Windows 10 PC to my linux mint screen and the cursor just bounces back to the center of the screen.  

If you were able to solve it, please post the solution in this thread!  Synergy is useless with this issue.  I purchased both 1.x and 2.x, and neither work.

I am having this issue with 2.0, wife and son use the computer that steals my mouse focus, no way to keep the sharing control strictly from my computer instead of the one they use.

The short answer is no, no solution was provided.

In addition, I tried 2.0.2 and had issues, so I tried 2.0.4 when it was available. I could not connect machines at all, so went back to 2.0.2 and am putting up with it. Continually have to open the GUI to get reconnected or to get the copy and paste function to work. I’m also at times left with having to restart the machines and pray they reconnect. In addition, when I lose internet service, which happens often in my neck of the woods, it’s not usable at all… wish I had a better story for both of you…

• Like 1

My suggestions for the next/future release:

1.) Settings to control the share/ not share from a computer

2.) localized settings in case cloud is not available for syncing

3.) ways to delete computers from the main share instead of keeping old icons

1 hour ago, TomCoyote said:

My suggestions for the next/future release:....

My suggestion is make it stay connected and actually work.  :-)  You had ONE JOB Synergy. ONE JOB! 

• 1 year later...
matthew keele

I was having this issue... cursor on client would jump back to server every 5-10  (?) minutes ... and make me delay about 10 seconds before I was able to move back to client...super annoying. 

setting both client and server settings to Elevate : Always fixed this problem for me.

• Nick Bolton changed the title to Synergy 2 - Mouse pointer goes back to the server machine's desktop frequently
  • 1 year later...

I'm getting this exact same issue with 2 macs using Synergy 3 (never had this issue with previous versions). I filed feedback already. Sounds like it's a systemic issue that hasn't been fixed for years.

Is it time to give up and give Sharemouse a try?

Edited by IMJW