Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Gaming Keyboards, e.g. Corsair K70

Hello, I'm thinking about buying a Corsair K70 Keyboard. My setup would look as follows: Server: Windows 8.1 with Corsair K70 Keyboard and Razer Taipan Mouse. Client: Arch Linux I'm asking because I've read about problems with gaming keyboards and hardware-KM-switches. In addition there is a special K70 driver for Linux: [url]https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb[/url] But maybe the driver is only for the lighting effect. I'm not sure. On the Linux Client I only like to type. No special keyboard functions needed. Has anyone a similar setup? Do I have to expect problems? Thank you ^_^
Hello Synew, at the time I wrote the post above I had no specific problems. I was just curious if I have to expect problems. I just wanted to ask here before I spend so much money for a keyboard. And after no one told me not to buy this keyboard I ordered it and I also bought Synergy Pro. I had a lot of problems to get everything running. But none of these problems was related to my new keyboard. To give an answer to the initial questions of this thread: The K70 Keyboard in the above described setup works fine.
smeggysmeg
I have a Ducky Zero mechanical keyboard and have no problems with Synergy. I've also used it with vintage mechanical boards, such as a Chicony KB-5181 and a Dell AT101, and have had absolutely zero problems. Synergy is a software solution, so as long as your keyboard works correctly with your host/server machine, it won't have any problems forwarding those inputs on to your client devices.