Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

US International keyboard layout not working on client

Ruben Vandeginste

Ruben Vandeginste

I use Synergy on Windows 10 for both client and server. Normally I use the US keyboard layout, but sometimes I needed to type accented characters and then I switch to the US-International layout. This works correctly on the server, but not on the client. Is this missing functionality, or is this a bug?

• 2 weeks later...
Rafa? Michalski

Hi,

I'm using Polish keyboard and there is same issue u cant use "right ALT + [aezxcoln]" to get international characters my main machine is linux and I use keyboard from it to control windows 10 machine ...

Is there any change to fix it in future release ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hungarian here! I have the same problem :x

This seems to be a problem for anyone who is using anything but the US layout:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=100&p=229&hilit=international#p229

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=855&p=2613&hilit=international#p2613

and

http://superuser.com/questions/1043282/ ... q-%C5%B1-b

Looking at the dates on this I don't really have much hope of this being fixed any time soon, I guess I will have to look at an alternative :\

• 10 months later...
Daniel Rego
20 hours ago, albertocoder said:

Any solution to this? ' " don't work on the client, and that's a deal breaker. Any alternatives to synergy?

Hi, I have been looking for a solution for the same problem for a while now. I type in English and Portuguese which requires the US International and no luck. I was considering buying Synergy 2, but there is nothing in the release saying it will fix the problem.  I am using the mouse without borders app which is free from Microsoft. The drawback is that it does not work with Macs or Linux, but it is working great on my PCs.  @ Symless,  I would love to buy your new software if you would fix this bug. I bought the pro version of synergy 1, and I  would be happy to buy the pro version of Synergy 2 if only you guys would fix this.  

Thanks,

• 5 weeks later...
Piet Stevens

I have the same problem, but in my case (1.8 between an Ubuntu and a Windows 10 machine), only the double quote does not work on the client. I can get accented characters (like áàéè...). I contacted support and they provided me access to Synergy 2, and the problem there is worse. It also has a problem with single quote, it switches my keyboard to a different layout (I have a US international and a German keyboard installed on my Windows PC, synergy switches the layout to German whenever I try to type a special character) and it switches my mouse pointer back to my server.

In addition, Synergy 2 requires an internet connection for activation, ie, it does not work with a product key. So, I also have even more privacy concerns with Synergy 2 than with Synergy 1.

I did not get any indication about getting the international keyboard fixed on Synergy 2. It will for sure not be fixed in Synergy 1.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Piet Stevens

Bump

AltGr + " works, but still switches my client keyboard to German, which is the other language I type in. I need it to stay at US Intl.

Edited by Piet Stevens
Additional info
  • 1 year later...