Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Gesture Support for Magic Mouse and Trackpad on Mac client

Jason Resch

Hello,

I was reading the synergy change log i saw this in 1.4.10 - Feature #2974 - Gesture Support for Magic Mouse/Trackpad

Is this a current feature to use a multi-touch trackpad on an OS X Synergy server and gestures are sent to the OS X Synergy client i've never had anything more than simple mouse function.

Is this a current feature and im just doing something wrong or is it not currently implemented?

• 1 month later...
Richard John Allen

I've just purchased & installed Synergy and assumed that Mac trackpad gestures would work for Mac to Mac sharing. I use an Apple Trackpad and am really struggling to use my client macbook without gestures -- to the point that I would not have bought Synergy if i knew that this didn't work.

Could somebody confirm that this shouldn't work (or better can you fix it?)

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Likewise, after seeing that in the changelog I took a punt and ordered to find that two finger scroll is the only gesture working.

Is this likely to be resolved in a later release?

Karl Wilcox

Just bought Synergy so I could share my MacBook and Retina iMac from the same Magic Keyboard / Magic trackpad 2 based on recommendation from slant.co.

Didn't realise that gestures don't work (not even the two finger scroll for me). Other gestures while on the client screen generate the message "WARNING: unknown quartz event type: 0x1e". Both systems are Sierra 10.12.3.

I'm not too worried about the other gestures but without scrolling I don't find Synergy actually usable.

Happy to provide log files if this will help and interested to try out any suggestions but most likely will have to revert to Sharemouse (which worked fine but often "lost" the connection when waking from sleep. The woes of having multiple macs...!)

All the best,

Karl

• 2 weeks later...
cyril kartha

I am also a paid user and having an issues on the client computer with multitouch functions namely:

two finger scrolling used often for web browsing as well as two finger gestures to zoom in browser

four finger gestures to switch desktops etc.

I am currently using Synergy build 1.8.7-stable-9799e96

the synergy icon also disappears from the mac menu bar from time to time although the program functions (such as start) can be activated where the icon should be by right clicking.

Hoping to receive a solution in good time

Thanks

CK

• 7 months later...
Hazel Cooper

Yep, all of the above. Wasn't happy to find out this shortcoming way back when I purchased this app and I'm still not happy to see it missing to this very day. Too bad this hasn't been solved yet. It would instantly make Synergy the ultimate solution within its domain. Also, i feel it would befit Symless to more clearly (PERHAPS LIKE THIS) state that Synergy does not offer support for that which is evidently widely assumed to be an obvious feature for trackpad wielding Mac users. Prior to purchase.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Richard John Allen

It's on the list of possible features for 2.1 but I never get the feeling that Symless is very excited about doing this.  I know that most Mac users will love them if they get this working....

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh no! And still no updates on this yet, Synergy? 

When I bought, I assumed Mac support meant full support for my built in trackpad gestures, mostly three finger swipes (all directions), which I use constantly  

@Nick Bolton This is beyond disappointing to find no gesture support beyond two-finger swipe, in fact it's pretty much a dealbreaker

I'm hopeful you will stand by your advertised 100% refund guarantee

Richard John Allen

I’ve gone back to 2 keyboards and 2 trackpads until gestures work properly MAC to MAC. Finally realised that combination of having to reboot and etc. to get synergy working  and being unable to do have if the things I should be able to do on my MAC with gestures made me far less productive than without the software. 

I love the concept.  When it’s working, I’ll start using it again. 

Richard John Allen

I’ve gone back to 2 keyboards and 2 trackpads until gestures work properly MAC to MAC. Finally realised that combination of having to reboot and etc. to get synergy working  and being unable to do have if the things I should be able to do on my MAC with gestures made me far less productive than without the software. 

I love the concept.  When it’s working, I’ll start using it again. 

• 1 month later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

I appreciate that gesture support is a really important feature, and we do plan to add it. Thanks for your feedback.

On 18/9/2017 at 12:38 PM, Nick Bolton said:

For support, please email: [email protected]

Hi @Nick Bolton Im affraid Ive tried to have support from you several times, but responses are mostly automatic. Just once I have recived a personal response, with out any solution :(

I work with V1.8.8, using Mac to Win XP. I was so happy cause I had scroll and pan in my Win XP client, until one day it stoped to work. I cant find the reason. Even I uninstalled and reinstalled, but doesnt work. I wish I was Synergy CEO could introduce me someone who takes my issue seriously

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
12 hours ago, hectorg said:

I wish I was Synergy CEO could introduce me someone who takes my issue seriously

I assure you, we take all of our customers serious; however, we do not have plans to reintroduce Windows XP support. It's nothing personal. Please let me know if you need a refund.

2 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

I assure you, we take all of our customers serious; however, we do not have plans to reintroduce Windows XP support. It's nothing personal. Please let me know if you need a refund.

Thanks for your response. Thank you for the refund offer. I think Ill take it. Tell me what should I do

* (only for synergy 2 which I cant use due my OS. Notice that I have bought synergy 1, synergy 2 and recently the pro upgrade, trying to solve the problem myself)

Im still positive, someday Ill find a solution, here in the forum. What calls my attention is how, being a common inconvenient for many of the users, the company doesn't seems to take action to solve the problem, rather than refund.

Your software is so useful when it works, that I can asure you, nobody wants a refund. We want it working, as it has been working perfectly form me for about a year, until one day suddenly went wrong.

Im sure it might be a simple solution for you to find as good programmers you are. Find a patch, code or something. Im sure for you is easier than for us searching in all kind of forums and sites. I wish I was a programmer.

Thank you for your time

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
16 hours ago, hectorg said:

Thanks for your response. Thank you for the refund offer. I think Ill take it. Tell me what should I do

No problem, the refund has been sent to you. I've also opened a ticket so you can discuss this directly with us if you need to.

• 4 weeks later...
minipulator

Also a paying customer unhappy with trackpads not translating gestures between OSs.  Mac->Windows, in my case.  No interest in a refund, just want the feature.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/13/2019 at 3:58 AM, GabrielM said:

Bump. Still not working between a Mac Server and a Windows client. The only gesture that works is the 2 finger scroll

What sorcery did you do to even get 2 finger scrolling.....?  It's like, giving us a solution but not enabling the spacebar.  Really, who needs a spacebar?  =\

• Like 1
  • Guest locked this topic