Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy Pro

Richard Clark

Just received a promotional email / ad to upgrade to Synergy Pro (as an existing user) with a limited time (24h) offer.

As a long time subscriber (donator) in the past, I have had a license key since they were added. SSL has been a feature I have had access to since the product had it.

Now it seems that I need to 'upgrade' if I want to continue to use SSL ? Is this correct ?

When I first donated to the project years ago, it was indicated that I would have access to perpetual updates and "Synergy Premium." I've been using the SSL support since before it was integrated directly into the software (I used to create an SSH tunnel to get it: https://toic.org/blog/2009/secure-synergy-setup/).

It's frustrating to see this turn of events, rather than offer new features for a newer premium version, Symless seems to be going the route of pissing off it's user base by removing existing ones? I'd prefer they just ask us nicely for another donation if they are having financial issues. As we all know, the software itself is opensource, if these practices continue, might be time to create a fork for a community edition. :cry:

Michael Richards
Symless seems to be going the route of pissing off it's user base... :cry:

So very much THIS. They are bothering me within the user interface to upgrade even though the current paid version will not install on a win 64 machine and expect me to pay extra for this broken product that I have already paid for. Why in the hell would I upgrade to PRO? To get more Professional bugs? The other thing I love is that, as you can tell from this thread, they don't respond to email or their own forums about problems they are having. I sent in a bug report once a few months ago and I kid you not, they took over 4 weeks to reply...

Bryan Watson

the current paid version will not install on a win 64 machine

they don't respond to email or their own forums about problems they are having. I sent in a bug report once a few months ago and I kid you not, they took over 4 weeks to reply...

The current paid version DOES install on win 64 machines, my setup is proof of that. You can even see it in their download page that they have a version for Win 64.

You obviously don't realize that they are a small company and have many user issues to respond to. Sorry it took them 4 weeks to reply, but they have a big work load. Try being patient and understanding. Getting mad does nothing good.

I also got an "upgrade to Pro" offer link, which I paid via PayPal, because I thought having encrypted communication would be nice. But I didn't get any new (pro) key yet. I wrote the support, and they also didn't write back to me yet, even it said 48h (doesn't bother me actually if it takes a while) support, and that was 5 days ago. Whats going on? Is my money gone?

Similar here. I received an email to upgrade to pro. I paid through PayPal however nothing was shown in my account and I can't download the product. I've contacted support twice now with no reply in almost two weeks. It's getting rediculous and I'm considering opening a dispute in PayPal if it isn't resolved soon.

EDIT: I've now recieved a response and it has been sorted. It would be really nice if support could respond quicker in the future.

Edited by Guest
Michael Richards

the current paid version will not install on a win 64 machine

they don't respond to email or their own forums about problems they are having. I sent in a bug report once a few months ago and I kid you not, they took over 4 weeks to reply...

The current paid version DOES install on win 64 machines, my setup is proof of that. You can even see it in their download page that they have a version for Win 64.

You obviously don't realize that they are a small company and have many user issues to respond to. Sorry it took them 4 weeks to reply, but they have a big work load. Try being patient and understanding. Getting mad does nothing good.

Screw You, I'll get mad if I want to. I don't care how big they are. If they can charge for the product, it had better work or have some support. FUCK YOU to take 4 weeks to answer a support email. Stop smoking Meth...

• 3 months later...
Graham Sawicki

same here! i've just got a simple question, "how to install synergy pro" after upgrading from the basic... and they tell me forums..... ridiculous...