Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

AltGR not working

michael janzen

Hello,

first config:

I am using Synergy V1.8.3 Server on a Raspberry Pi and two 1.8.4 client on Windows 7 64 bit machines.

Language and keyboard- layout on all systems the same: German.

The first time all "normal" keys (a-z, 1-9) working fine. Also Z and Y keys are o.k. Only the ALTGR keys (@, |, ~...) did not work.

For example: If I pressed ALTGR+Q, Synergy write "2" on my textfile or word- document (on my keyboard, ALTGR+Q = @).

I try to input the ALT = ALTGR and ALTGR= ALT on synergy config- file, but without success.

After a while the Synergy- system goes crazy: Z and Y keys has changed, no ß- key available. It looks like that the complete keyboard layout changed.

2nd config:

If I use a Synergy server on a Windows 7 64Bit machine instead Raspberry pi (Linux), no problem with AltGR keys on all clients.

For me the Raspi pi Synergy server would be a great solution because the power consumption are very low (in compare to a normal PC that I use only as a Synergy Server).

Any Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
michael janzen

Hi Guys,

I have read some other threads and find a solution for my German layout problem. Add "altgr = shift" for all screens in your config file.

For me the solution works fine, some very special key I can input by a local virtual keyboard.

section screens:

altgr = shift

Greetings

Michael

• 2 years later...

Thats it! I am uninstalling synergy and going with a KVM switch, after trying all possible workarounds for a Server on Win10 and a client on Linux without any luck!
Many keyboard languages use AltGr to enter a | (pipe) like one of the most important chars on linux. And you haven't solved it ?  just WOW!

• 2 years later...
Dominic_dl

Well. I stumbled across this Post becorse I have the same Issue...
Current Setup:
Manjaro Linux (HOST):
  Synergy Version (1.14.3-stable-218fa800)
  KeyboardLayout: German no dead keys

Win10 Pro (Client):
  Synergy Version (1.14.3-stable-218fa800)
  KeyboardLayout: German

With dedicated Keyboard everything works finde.
With Synergy:
 - altgr not Working
 - "`" key not working