Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

refund please

DARRIN JOHNSON
HOW CAN I GET A REFUND,FAILED TO CONNECT TO SERVER SEEMS EVERYONE IS HAVING THAT PROBLEM,,,REFUSED TO CONNECT FOR SOME REASON, HAS ANYONE FOUND A NOTHER WAY TO USE TWO PCs?
Alexander
[quote="DARRIN JOHNSON"]HOW CAN I GET A REFUND,FAILED TO CONNECT TO SERVER SEEMS EVERYONE IS HAVING THAT PROBLEM,,,REFUSED TO CONNECT FOR SOME REASON, HAS ANYONE FOUND A NOTHER WAY TO USE TWO PCs?[/quote] I had the same problem. Looks like server was unresponsive, now it's OK. Try to connect again.
After hours of frustration, I just uninstalled Pro and downgraded to synergy-1.6.3-stable-9706252-Windows-x64.I don't know why i would want SSL anyhow. synergy-1.6.3-stable-9706252-Windows-x64 had worked flawlessly before the upgrade and it works perfectly now with encryption on. Unfortunately, synergy is for geeks and impenetrable to even those of use who have been around computers for decades. (Almost) every upgrade is an occasion to try out new swearwords. The upgrade process is opaque and various other programs need to be stopped, then the install proceeds, but no one knows exactly what is happening. Then we have to find the GUI. The install default does not provide a tray icon, so we call it from the start menu. Then it hangs. If there is straightforward, simple user documentation, I have not found it.There is no link from the installer or from the "About". This program should be in use by twenty times the current user base, and once it is working, it just works, however, the lack of documentation and explicit install info and loss of the tray icon is just too daunting for most of us. I even went to Mouse without Borders some time back and it was easy to install, easy to configure and worked perfectly, BUT it had a problem with clipboard handling in an older Microsoft Office program I still use an I came back to Synergy. Anyhow, I love Synergy when it works and have contributed several times, but if that contributions would be directed to making the install and management more verbose, user friendly and better documented, the money would be far better spent IMO than tweaking the software itself. If I could trust it to install and be understood, i would recommend it widely, but at present, I cannot. Like many neighbourhood "experts", I know that would just bring a lot of frustrated friends to my door.