Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

v1.7.2 update broke synergy

Steven Hodge
I just updated to the latest version (1.7.2, pro, ssl) and it appears to have broken synergy. It simply will not work, the client times out trying to connect to the server. I have tried many things, re-booting, "repair" re-installs, and so on, but nothing gets it going again. I did a system image restore (45 minutes) to revert back to 1.7.1 (naturally I deleted the file). Other posts have experienced the same thing. Synergy is definitely a love-hate relation. When it works, it is wonderful. Its big problem is that it is extremely fragile, it seems to break at the drop of a hat.
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
[quote="Steven Hodge"]It simply will not work, the client times out[/quote] Please could you copy/paste the server and client logs here? Thanks.
Michael Richmond
I'm seeing the same issue. Server: synergy pro 1.7.2 on OS X 10.10 Client: synergy pro 1.7.2 on Centos 7.0 After the client connects, the first time that I move my mouse to the client machine produces an error in the server log and the server stops. After enabling logging to a file the issue as been resolved.