Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Windows 10 & OSX El Capitan

Ricardo J Carrizo
Hello all, This is my first time using Synergy and it works great, but I'm having issues when I restart my iMac. The windows 10 Pro machine is acting as the server, while the iMac running the latest version of El Capitan 10.11.5 is acting as a client. The connection stops when the iMac is restarted or back into the login screen. Mouse and Keyboard simply stop working. In this case, I have to get the iMac Keyboard and Mouse to be able to log back into the iMac.. then, I have to open the Synergy App once again to make the connection. This is a pain in the butt. How do I get Synergy to automatically open and connect as soon as the iMac is turned on? Thank you.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Henrik Harju

Same issue for me, I use Microsofts mouse without borders between my windows machines since I could never get Synergy to work properly between them, recommended between windows PC's.

The problem with MAC or OSX is that the configuration newer gets set. I put in an IP but synergy automatically changes back to Autoconfig and complain on lacking an IP when restarting.

Works ok when configured...

I am not sure if this is a OSX or synergy issue but it would be nice if I could configure the tool (once) and also get it to start before logging in so I do not have to open up the computer (external screen).

I am running Sierra now but I do not think that there are any differences...

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to set my iMac running OS X 10.11.6 as the server and a laptop running Windows 10 as the client, I just can't get them to connect in any way.

Captura de pantalla 2017-04-24 a las 1.33.40 p.m..png