Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Windows host, Mac client with two screens either side?

Stephen Lyon
Hello I just purchased Synergy but expected more control over the position of multiple monitors (client side). Is there any way to accomplish this so that moving left off the host goes to screen 1 and right goes to screen 3? [img]http://i.imgur.com/c8AkOzq.gif[/img] Thanks in advance.
Martin D. Wolfe
You are going to need to create a custom config file to accomplish this. SAve you existing config and use the Alias that you assigned already. You need to pay attention to the link part of the config and add ranges to the values. I am guessing it would look something like this [code] section: links Mac: right (0,50) = Windows left (50,100) = Windows Windows: left = Mac (0,50) right = Mac (50,100) [/code] Please let me know how this works out
  • 5 months later...
Jared Mercier

I was also interested in attempting this configuration.

The modifier numbers only adjust the active edges of the screen, which is useful if you're using different sized monitors (also allows for a pretty awesome wrap-around feature). But putting a host in the middle and the client screens on the outside is still a no-go.

It seems you would have to be able to define the second screen on the client computer first in order for this to work properly.