Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.8.0 Beta - feedback

Craig D Gorsuch
Using host from Win7x64 and client on MacOS 10.11.4. Both machines running Beta 1.8.0. On MacOS, after successful connection is made the dock icon bounces (and bounces and bounces) until the icon is clicked on. And then does not show the dot underneath the dock icon indicating the application is running. The Menu Bar icon works just fine. Properly calls up dialog. can start and stop service, and can quit app. HOWEVER... Even after quitting the app from the Menu Bar Icon, the dock reports the app (still present in the dock - after quitting the app) as "Not Responding". This app can't be quit from the dock, does not respond to the Force Quit dialog, can't be quit from the terminal, because the process does NOT show up in Activity Monitor. The only way to remove the offending icon from the dock, is to force-quit the machine because this process prevents a logout. Just filling y'all in...
Craig D Gorsuch
The issues outlined above, may have been causing a networking issue on my MacBook (8,1). When the application is running, I'm unable to "hot-plug" a lan connection using the Minix NEO-C adapter. I need to force-shut-down the laptop, to get the NEO-C working, then I start Synergy, which also starts some process running in the dock that I can't kill. I'm not saying the two are connected, but the "unkillable synergy process" is preventing the operating system from detecting a LAN cable is being plugged in.