Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Windows 10 + Steam/Counter Strike

Brandon Neer
Hi All, After updating to windows 10, I'm running into a random bug and I've identified synergy as part of the issue as it goes away when I kill the process. I have a 3 monitor setup with a desktop and a laptop. If i'm running a steam game with synergy process on, the steam overlay (shift+tab) in game will not work. Also, the mouse cursor won't stay in the game as designed. If i move cursor to the left (all monitors are left of main) then the cursor will move until it reaches the laptop monitor which will then minimize the game. I tried to fix this by just locking the cursor to the desktop PC, but the cursor still moves to the 2nd monitor and then when any mouse button is clicked it minimizes the game. I would have never thought Synergy would have these symptoms, but browsing some Counter strike forums, I found 2 separate posts with the same issue who both mentioned having synergy installed, so I tried killing the process and instantly everything was back to normal. I don't expect much to come in the way of fixing this. I understand this is probably a super small sample of your user base, but if this issue makes sense to any of the synergy coders and they feel it could be fix, it would be greatly appreciated cause it's a real headache. Thank you for your time.
  • 1 month later...
Sebastien Buron
Hi, i'm having the same issue I love Synergy but would love it even more if i could keep the process running even when gaming ! Thanks guys !
Clinton Huynh
I solved this with all games by enabling a hotkey to lock your mouse to a screen. It will no longer hijack your mouse into the other screens because games try to re-centre your mouse at a slower pace then you are looking, resulting in the mouse reaching the side of your monitor and sending it to the other computers.