Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Share audio from one computer to another

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Agreed. This would eliminate the single hardware solution I am using to augment Synergy's functionality (a line from the client's audio out to the server's audio in jack).
  • 2 months later...
Daniel Vassy
Absolutely ! This would be my #1 priority for additional features It is so frustrating to have two computers sitting next to each other, and only one producing reasonable sound... Daniel
  • Like 1
Rohini Dorbala
Sharing Microphone and Speakers/Headphones with multiple computers will let me use one for communication applications like Skype and one for gaming, and yet another for watching movies. Possibilities are endless. Skype reminds me yet another peripheral that can be shared. The WebCamera!
Petr Koudelka
I would like to also vouch for this one. While input is not too important (but hey, i guess when you do one, the other can't be too hard either) to me sharing output from client and be able to listen to it in the server would be so awesome. The problem i can see with this is that multi-platform design we are enjoying now will be pushed to a whole new level. Sharing mouse and keyboard is one thing but i get that soundcards are something completely different when it comes to Windows vs Linux. Still support for this would be absolutely awesome.
  • 3 months later...
Pablo García Ledo
It could be useful to tunnel sound from client to server, this way we could easily use one shared audio device for all, which can be a problem to do by itself. I know it may not be easy though. Have a good day!
Pablo García Ledo
I'm trying to delete this as it's duplicated, I searched for the "audio" word and nothing appeared... I thought any related thing would include it
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
jesse paredes
yeah I am in the same boat on this one too. I had "rolled the dice" going with this software in hopes that it would either live up to or work towards backing up a name like Synergy. Im not impressed so far and the makers lack of customer service for "basic" users(even though we have paid too) is a real joke of disconnection and poor product upkeep. but thats for another forum topic. Synergy, its what they claim and sell you on, then we should get it! full on too not just mouse and keyboard(when it is actually working) there should be audio support, microphone, webcam, better file sharing, possibly something to do with bluetooth too? idk i am no code writer or maker of any software. just an opinion and suggestion
Thomas Moses
Yes this would be pretty good, but realistically the delay would be unbearable for movies or communication, I suppose it might be pretty cool for music or just general audio feedback though!
  • 2 weeks later...
Peter Lowrey
[quote="skybrush"]As long as it is not supported maybe this could be a workaround: http://www.stardock.com/products/acousticbridge/ I did not test the software yet, but other kvm users seem to like it. There's a 30 days trial: http://www.stardock.com/products/acoust ... wnload.asp[/quote] I use this software now in my Windows environment (Windows 7 Server, Windows 10 Client). It works well enough, although does seem to do some funny things with volume levels from time to time. It works and does the job but I would much prefer this functionality built into synergy with simply controls to set fixed volume levels for the client systems. Would also then mean there's one less service to be running to provide the functionality. [quote="Thomas Moses"]Yes this would be pretty good, but realistically the delay would be unbearable for movies or communication, I suppose it might be pretty cool for music or just general audio feedback though![/quote] Realistically, from real world use of Acoustic Bridge as above, there is no delay in video playback and certainly no noticeable issues with the audio being out of sync with the video. The only issues I have with this setup now is the occasional random jump or drop in volume levels.
  • 1 month later...
SlushPump
+1 re sharing of audio output from multiple systems to one. I have used mic mixers in the past, or a big receiver with sticky notes on it: Win10= tape1; OpenSuse= DVD, etc. Might need a small app to be able to mix down different systems' audio, temporarily mute one, etc.
+1 for this idea, I would love to see this introduced. I use two machines for work and I am constantly switching between the two separate pairs of headphones. I was just googling this yesterday to see what software options there are for sharing audio across systems and there didn't seem to be much. Seemed like it may be possible with good ol' PulseAudio but getting it setup looked like it could have been a complex task.
Neil McCulloch
[quote="jesse paredes"]yeah I am in the same boat on this one too. I had "rolled the dice" going with this software in hopes that it would either live up to or work towards backing up a name like Synergy. Im not impressed so far and the makers lack of customer service for "basic" users(even though we have paid too) is a real joke of disconnection and poor product upkeep. but thats for another forum topic. Synergy, its what they claim and sell you on, then we should get it! full on too not just mouse and keyboard(when it is actually working) there should be audio support, microphone, webcam, better file sharing, possibly something to do with bluetooth too? idk i am no code writer or maker of any software. just an opinion and suggestion[/quote] This post bugs the heck out of me, so despite the fact it's a couple months old... "I'm not impressed"?!!! For $10 bucks you get to optimize your work flows over windows, mac and unix? I know of no other software which provides so much value. The variability of environments, hardware and software, it's still amazing that it works at all. Nick's team screws up less than M*soft and fixes things faster. Kudos Nick and team, you perform wonders every day. Neil
  • 1 month later...
  • Paul Suarez changed the title to Share audio from one computer to another