Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

"@" / AT sign on danish keyboard Windows > OSX

Rene Larsen
Hi, I have a rather annoying issue running Synergy Server on Windows and Client on OSX, I have Danish keyboard layout on both machines. The "@" that is "ALT GR" + "*" on the keyboard, doesnt map correctly through Synergy, it becomes "0". No matter what I try, I even tried to remap through karabine, but nothing seems to work. And it is incrediblely hard to search for problems with "@", so sorry if any solutions already exists in the forum. :-) Do you have any suggestions? It makes it kinda hard to use seriously when a vital character is unusable. Best regards René
Hello René, Is the issue happening on both server and client? Which version of Windows, and which version of OS X? The techniques for re-mapping keys are different for Windows vs. Mac. What is the exact name of the keyboard setting in each (affected) computer's OS? What is the Language setting in the Synergy GUI on each system, in "Edit" -> "Settings"? There may be just a mis-match of language settings between OS and Synergy. Have you checked that the characters print properly when not using Synergy (with directly-connected keyboard? - Brian
Also note that we may need to know the make/model of your physical keyboard. The keys/characters tend to work best when the language setting in the OS as well as Synergy (on each system) is set to the same language for which the keyboard is designed (or any language for which the keyboard is totally compatible). - Brian
  • 4 months later...
Eigil Krogh
I have exactly the same problem. The PC is a Dell XPS 8900 with Danish keyboard. The MAC is a MacBook Pro w. Danish keyboard. It is synergy 1.7.6 on both computers. Tried 1.8.0. Didn't change anything. I think its quite a new problem. I've used synergy for a very long time, and I didn't notice the problem before. -- Eigil Krogh Sorensen
reese wilson
I think this is a problem with keyboard layouts in general, the way keys are sent from windows to mac. My keyboard layout worked fine on versions 1.3.7-1.3.8, but no longer works on 1.7.6. It does work from windows -> ubuntu, however
  • 1 year later...

Same on german keyboard.

Environment example:
Ubuntu64(full german standard installation) as Server, Windows10x64(full german standard installation) as Client.

So this seems to be kind of a general problem regardless of the operating system.
At least some advice to fix this by our own would be helpful.
Sadly this is definteley a show stopper! Though you can't even write an e-mail, serious programming? you can't even think of with this kind of failure.

Edited by yeolas

Sorry, editing on first post is not possible anymore. Here is some additional information:

Failure environment example:
Ubuntu64(full german standard installation) as Server, Windows10x64Pro(full german standard installation) as Client.

Ubuntu 16.04, LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, Linux 4.4.0-101-generic x86_64

For some stupid reason(maybe it's me) i can't find any exact version information at least on linux version of synergy.
It must be Synergy version 1.8.8 on both ends i think

Edited by yeolas
  • 3 months later...
glutorange

Same issue here:

- Synergy 2.0.6 stable

- German Keyboard Layout

- Linux Mint 18.3, 64 Bit (primary)

- Windows 7, 64 Bit (secondary)

Unfortunately this renders Synergy quite useless for me :(

glutorange
54 minutes ago, glutorange said:

Same issue here:

- Synergy 2.0.6 stable

- German Keyboard Layout

- Linux Mint 18.3, 64 Bit (primary)

- Windows 7, 64 Bit (secondary)

Unfortunately this renders Synergy quite useless for me :(

Same applies to the Pipe (|) symbol...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Victor Emmanuel

I have the same issue too 

but I'm just using Normal English US keyboard and both US english Windows 10 and US English Mac OS Catalina 

it happens on both Version 1 and 2 with all versions 

I just can't be bother to come in the forum and report it before but now I've had it so there you go